Another new website launch

Originally Posted By: lwilliams
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Okay, before I present my new website to the local Realtors I am hoping I could get some feedback from you all. Your overall impression, load issues, anything missing? I am looking for honest responses not the usual “looks good” I think it looks good but what do you really think?

www.bchomeinspectors.ca icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I didn’t even look at your name before I clicked on your link…I could tell right away you were female…no guy would do their webpage in pink.

That being said, most of the customers that call me are the wives, so maybe you have hit on to something with the pink, flowers and fruit theme? It may be a hit with the gay community as well.

Your site looks very professional. I like it. Good job!

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Lisa,

I like your site, Even the colors. It is done very nice. It is easy to navigate and all the pages have their purpose. Very well done.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: tallen

Looks good to me icon_biggrin.gif

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jbehling

Isn’t that a lorrel and hardy thing… W.H.A.T. on first who’s on second icon_lol.gif Great site !

Very professional looking, what is a Blog?

In a few years you may have some more competition out there Lisa, I love the West Coast, thinking about the Castlegar area....

Good Luck !

jbehling wrote:
Isn't that a lorrel and hardy thing.... W.H.A.T. on first who's on second ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) Great site !

Very professional looking, what is a Blog?

In a few years you may have some more competition out there Lisa, I love the West Coast, thinking about the Castlegar area....

Good Luck !

Jason,

Let me know when you arrive, I am a great supporter of friendly competition! A blog is a message board where I can post info without paying the webmaster everytime I want to freshen the info. Thanks for your feedback.

kmcmahon wrote:
I didn't even look at your name before I clicked on your link...I could tell right away you were female...no guy would do their webpage in pink.
That being said, most of the customers that call me are the wives, so maybe you have hit on to something with the pink, flowers and fruit theme? It may be a hit with the gay community as well.

Your site looks very professional. I like it. Good job!

Thanks Kevin,
the colors are related to fruit as fruit is the symbol for the Okanagan. I will take your comments as a compliment. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) We will see who the site appeals to, they say behind every man is a woman making decisions

Originally Posted By: rray

kmcmahon wrote:
no guy would do their webpage in pink.

May a little too much stereotyping there; I've never preferred pink.

However, I also did not think it was pink. I thought it was red and salmon. Maybe a difference in color on our monitors?

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Don’t they call them pink salmon? icon_razz.gif

…maybe it’s a bit of stereotyping…but I’ve seen a bit of the communtiy around montrose bullavard in Houston, in my apartment complex where many were my friends, downtown Mnpls, and Seattle and those damn home fix it shows on the discovery channel, and those guys preferred the softer side of Sears. It’s not called the rainbow coalition for nothing

I hope you realize I’m just jerking your chain icon_razz.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I am a firm believer that you need to have your contact information at the top of EVERY web page on your site. At least your phone number readily visible.

FROM FAQ Page:
Aren?t all inspectors the same?
Unfortunately answer is no, some inspectors

Check your grammar.

The truth is new homes can have defects as well as older homes they are typically different but potentially could impact your decision to purchase

Two sentences ran together?

FROM HOMEBUYERS PAGE:
www.thompsonokanagan.com is filled with useful facts and resources for all you needs in the Okanagan

These are minor grammatical and spelling issues, but can greatly affect the reader's opinion of you and your inspection.

There are many more. I suggest you print out each page and take it to a High School English teacher for proof reading. Give the teacher a few bucks and greatly improve your site.

I don't care about the colors, I think the format looks great and is quick loading. I've never really noticed the colors of the web sites I'm looking at anyway. I'm there for information, not design ideas.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Thank you Erby,

Your suggestions have been noted and in the works. Great feedback. The look I was going for was attractive and informative and it looks like, by the comments here, I have achieved that. thanks for all your help guys, now on to fine tuning and unveiling.

Ooops. Sorry, Kevin.

I left the little thingy off. It should have read like this:

"May a little too much stereotyping there; I've never preferred pink. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) "

The "softer side of Sears"? Now that's one I haven't heard before. I'll have to use that some time soon.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: jbehling

rkirk wrote:

However, I also did not think it was pink. I thought it was red and salmon. Maybe a difference in color on our monitors?

I agree with it being a salmon colour. Russell you are referring to a Canadian web site here, etiquette dictates you use our spelling,
c-o-l-o-u-r... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

wish is my command. icon_wink.gif

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Hi Lisa! Like your site. Easy to navigate. Great how you’ve included NACHI in your information. Will really help in getting NACHI exposure here in Canada eh! Best of luck! Doug