Another Reason for no Alexa

Alexa tells a 10 year old girl to place a penny across live phone charger prongs.

If the next generation survives it won’t pass high school much less college!

6 Likes

Wow! Isn’t that the truth! :flushed:

3 Likes

Nature has its own methods for reducing the size of the herd.

4 Likes

I don’t know, I did plenty of dumb shit when I was kid without Alexa even having to tell me. :rofl:

7 Likes

Truth! I once placed a paper clip into both prongs of an outlet. Luckily I only got a small jolt. I’ve been shocked plenty of times since then as well, just not on purpose! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, here too, Ryan.

We dug a pit one time and it was3’ deep. Then we covered it with sticks and twigs and leaves and called our little sibling over to us. And, here he came and into the pit he went and Mom just happened to be looking out the kitchen sink window at the time and we got a yelling at and she told us to fill in the hole.

So, we waited until she was no longer at the window and filled the hole in up to my little brother’s neck and went into the house. Well, Mom asked where he was and looked out the window and all she saw was a head sticking out of the ground.

We got more than a yelling at then. :flushed: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

One time I have a .22 casing I must have stole from my dad, and dropped it into an old basement foundation (house was scraped), and threw rocks at it until it blew…
BUT my older brother had many more stories, including blowing up a friends mailbox with a dry ice bomb! Yep, he got a felony for that one (he was 18)
Sometimes we just have to look back and laugh (AND say thanks to God that we are still alive!)

3 Likes

Larry that’s how kids are supposed to play. Kids don’t play like that anymore they have PlayStations and Xbox’s.

1 Like

Yep! “Let’s go on a cruze !!!”

We used to fill used CO2 cartridges with match heads with a fuse sticking out of it and stick it into pipe and screw a pipe cap on the one end with a hole drilled into it for the fuse. Then we would secure it and aim it at an old metal building about 500 feet away and light it off. And then run up to the building to see what it did and there were big dents and a couple went through the corrugated metal.

It’s a wonder we made it this long. :rofl:

4 Likes

The worlds largest petri dish, no thank you :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

" Vaccination Cards and Darwin Award Applications MUST be Provided!"

1 Like

Larry you had a very adventurous childhood. That’s the kind of childhood that prepares you for being an adult (if you survive).

3 Likes

Are those two documents printed on the same paper?

2 Likes

Christ! This is a thing nowadays! Guess it’s time for the installation of afci circuits throughout schools…follow the $

1 Like

I did the same thing and then it rained…a foot of water and frogs later it was abandoned. Till a year later when my father decided to plow the field…

1 Like

I made a bow and arrow and made my little brother stand against a tree with an apple on his head. I hit him square in the forehead and the arrow stuck (but fell right out :open_mouth:) We both got the hell beat out of us by my Dad. Me for doing it and my little brother for be stupid enough to let me do it!

5 Likes

Mom was pissed when the table lamp caught on fire.
Don’t know why, I just took the bulb out then turned the lamp back on.
Then I removed the plug.
Must have been after I put a live earthworm in the socket. Then plugged back in . …

1 Like

Yeah right…! Alexa is guilty…! Let’s go back to the ‘Horses n’ Wagons’… it was way safer then…! :joy::rofl:

Interesting I stumbled onto this article after it was mentioned on a market podcast… Reverse psychology to boost sales? Crazy.

Let us set the scene: It’s the holiday season. You receive an Amazon Alexa device as a gift, and you’re thrilled to imagine all the ways your life will be made easier with a digital voice assistant. Two weeks later, you’ve forgotten you even have an Alexa.

It’s a scenario that’s growing all too familiar for many Alexa device owners, as interest in the voice-assisted speakers seems to wane quite quickly after owning one. According to internal Amazon data obtained by Bloomberg, some years see up to 25 percent of new Alexa owners no longer actively using their devices after only two weeks of ownership.