Another way to thaw frozen ground, or not

From the latest JLC -

*• An unidentified 40-year-old worker on a Murray, Utah, construction site was severely burned in March after attempting to thaw frozen ground beneath footing forms by dousing the area with gasoline and setting it on fire. The local fire marshal told the local Deseret Morning News that flames followed the stream of fuel to the can the worker was holding in his hand, causing it to explode.


Did anyone happen to see the Roadrunner leaving the scene?


Common sense is not that common! Is he OK?