Another Wind Mit rejection Question...

I got an 1802 back from last January for a house built in 2006. The underwriter rejected it with the reason checked:
“The Roof cover value must be “N/A” for structures built after 2001 with the year built verified.”
“The roof to wall connection must be N/A for townhouses, rowhouses,etc…”

So I checked #1 Asphalt fiberglass Shingle with a 2006 install date. I checked “C” Single wraps for RTW

Where does this guy want his “N/A” to go? under Other? I don’t get too many newer houses for wind mit and this is a first rejection because I told them too much ??

Appreciate your help

Sounds like the agent screwed up when entering the information in the system. You did the 1802 correctly. There is no actual credit for those items if the house is built to FBC, but you do not have to enter N/A for them, as far as I know. I have not heard of this.

Another moron along the way…

Not your problem, sounds like you did it right.

Tell client to write them a letter stating that they will be filing an immediate complaint with the OIR.

That normally gets rid of the moron along the line.

As others have said, you filled out the form correctly and shold have the pictures to back it up.
I had an argument with one desk jockey recently and told him, “If you want me to educate you on the finer points of the 1802 form, it will be $200.00 an hour or, here is John Shishillas number…give him a call”! :mrgreen:

Now I know why I get so many phone calls. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have to tell them to call John. I use his forms and never remove his information or license number.

Me = $$$$$

John = Headaches

Works for me!

What are friends for? :slight_smile:

I usually tell the client (as should most Insurance Agents) that a WM is not needed on houses such as this one built in 2006 as the credits should already be built into the premium.

I knew there was one in your area. :cool:

That statement is not completely accurate. For example, a home built in compliance with the Florida Building Code could have a gable roof - or - it could have a hip roof. Depending you the location, the home would be built in compliance with the FBC and have no opening protection- or- the home could have full opening protection. The home with the hip roof geometry and opening protection will likely qualify for additional discounts on their homeowner’s insurance in addition to the standard FBC compliance credits.

Thanks to all for the replies! I should have been using the “Shishilla” technique for years now! I didn’t get that in the training class :slight_smile: John must have quite a database of s***stain agents from our friends, the “Insurer of last resort.”

So, my client is another partner from my attorney’s office. The agent is a nice lady that also has no idea what this underwriter is asking for; she never heard of this crapola either. I’m guessing it would be about 1 in 500 chance that the underwriter really does not want to know what type of roof material or roof to wall attachment there is.
So, what’s the odds that someone else will audit this same report next year because it’s got such a great discount for the customer, and reject it because there is no information about the covering or the RTW?? AARRGGG! This is nuts!

Y’all have a great holiday! Don’t eat too much… I’ll do that for you :stuck_out_tongue:

TerryD

OK so I found a little more about this from a great agent I know. Turns out that the agent input this house with default values, assuming FBC approval (built after 2002) When they submitted the Wind mit form afterward, the credits for Roof covering and Roof top wall are already assumed and applied. The underwriter or program cannot give both credits so the wind mit gets kicked out.

Just like y’all said, it was an agent error, caused when the client sent in the wind mit that he found several months late and sent it to the agent. The agent sent it in to get the best credit possible, and the “system” erupted in anger and denial check boxes…

But thanks again to all… and to all a good night

What do you think we were doing during the breaks? :mrgreen:

It usually turns out to be an agent who makes a mistake. Everyone is human, so I give them a little bit of a pass.