Any Amature radior opeators out there?

I have always wanted to know.
This is AG4PX… QSL?

I am an advanced class operator out of Winnipeg Manitoba. VE4AGX. Unfortunately I gave up all my equipment a few years ago when I got so busy with other things and Canada decided to open up the bands and lower the requirements so a lot of Chicken Banders came in and just cluttered everything up. Now I hear they are planning to lower the requirements again like completely doing away with the Morse Code requirement and being able to actually draw out a block diagram of a radio system. I know I probably sound a bit petty on this but knowing that kind of things made the world of Ham Radio kind of unique.

Bummer.

Winnipeg my second home for a great many years. Only I traveled far North to a little town called Gypsumville, ever heard of it? Still have a ton of ADOPTED Family none the less in Peg. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsumville I used to spend up to 12 or more days a year up there for about 20 years. I made it there last year again but not likely this year. I love the Church Supper for Thanksgiving. For about once or twice in my life out table got called first last year :slight_smile: To bad many of my friends / family have moved to winnipeg due to the economy and floods up there :frowning: It was great going up every yeaar at the end of September just as it got nice and cool. We even had snow last year and mmmmmmmmmmmm the pickerel :slight_smile: I have seen many amazing things there and one hell of a Northern Lights show one morning before dawn where they were all around us with a big hole right above and the colors shot back and forth between it. We all filmed it and with the tech of the time we all got black screens with oooohs and aaaahs and wows and such but NO DAMN IMAGES :slight_smile: It is in my mind forever though.

Was up in Gypsumville a number of times for fishing or just passing through on my way to another remote radio site. It is gorgeous country and I feel blessed to be able to enjoy getting out there.

I als love the place. It has been really changed by the flood and the old farmers dying and no longer growing the same stuff they used to.

I have caught many a pickerel at the little fish camp just South of Gyp.

Truely nice REAL people up there. I still have a whole lawn guy type traler full of hunting gear up there.

The As-sholes we started hunting up there with in the beginning said stay away from the Natives or “First People” They are really my second family and when we hunt there instead of trying to go thru the hassle of bringing back game we give it to the Elders that still stayed even after the floods. I know for a fact we have helped many a family get through the winters.

My buddy Chummie and his family visited me this year down here and it was really great to have the whole family come down for once. Chummy came down and we went to the dry Tortuga fishing one year and some day we will go and bring his only Son Tristan with us. Poor guy has a ton of Daughters and only one Son. Just like me surrounded by estrogen :slight_smile:

When I first started going as a young man and started hunting with the natives the funniest thing was their names to me. There had whiter names than anyone I know down here. There was not a running bear amoundg them :slight_smile: I can say that because they are my FAMILY adopted or not it does not matter.

The shut down the roads and have protests for different reasons and all the Canadians that at=re not native are screwed, we just go thru the reserve as most of our friends are there or were before the floods.

Sad thing is now they are building a master planned community and I can gaurentee you none of the young people are going to come back free house or not. there is nothing for them to do except hunting , fishing, farming and the likes.

We even went moose hunting one NIGHT which is highly frowned upon in America but totally OK if you are with the First People.

It is one hell of a place that a very few would likely enjoy but me I LOVE it.

Have you ever been through Ashern and seen the giant Grouse on the side of the road or the giant goose?

I even went into the pizza place and tried to teach them how to make a round pizza :slight_smile:

One of my favorite things is that where ever you go to eat there is always a Soup of the day :slight_smile:

It is funny there used to be two Esso’s right next to each other both with little restraints. How fu-ked up is that? It would be like having two 711’s right nest to each other separated by 200 yards. You just go to whoever has the best meal for the day.

Most would find that area boring as hell but I will always love it :slight_smile:

I have seen and experienced more amazing wild adventures in that part of the world then many other places I have been. I even had a Canadian Firearm acquisition card. We flew the instructor down to S. Florida to teach us the 200 minute class and test us :slight_smile: Talk about confusing the custom guys :slight_smile: It hurried up the process and we just get right on through. Well thats about all for now on one of my favorite places but if anyone ever wants to go there to hunt or fish hit me up first and I will make sure you are well taken care of. One day I’ll tell the story of the traveling hypnotist :slight_smile: That was some funny sh-t ")