Any Clue What This Is?

May be a speaker - Appears to be bell wire at the rear???

Hampster habitat?

OK, Harvey, game’s up;
spill it!!!

That is a in line blower for the dryer vent they are used when the run of vent pipe is too long to maike to the out side. They are used a lot in 2 or mor story homes with the laundry located in the center of the first floor. I think I attached a picture to show the maximum length without the inline blower. I hope this helps.

Todd…does this mean the dryer is somehow venting into the unit?

No it means that they can have a greater distance between the dryer and the exterior. A vent booster might be a better name for it. Am I right Multi story & dryer located in the middle of the first floor?

The moral of the story is, if you see Todd in an Irish Pub during the convention, stick close.
You’ll learn something from him!

I dont know if I would go that far, But thank you. Russel

I’m the “2-LL” guy . . .
We seem to be Russ/el/l heavy on this board!

Russ

Sorry about that **Russell **it just goes to show that I still have more to learn.:smiley:

I finally figured how to get a link for the picture up but how do I get the picture in the post?

Like this?

Generally you want to simply leave it attached like you did in your first post so that only those folks that want to see the picture can click on the attachment and view it. That also saves a lot of time for those readers on dial-up, i.e. the thread loads quickly for all without having to load pictures at 56 kbps. If you still want to insert it in the post then, after uploading and while in the Advanced Reply mode, click on the little down arrow next to the paperclip icon and select the picture. That’s it. :slight_smile:

Thank You.