Any inspector use allen insurance company for E and O?

Originally Posted By: jwatts1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello everybody,

I am going to purchase a policy from Allen Insurance company, and just wanted to know if anyone has used them (now or in the past) Good or bad experience or any other advice pertaining to the company, assistance, claims…etc…

Its the best deal i could find for occurrence coverage (i think is the best) 300k/600k aggregrate.....my quote was $4,000 for the year (California) including general liability

Take Care,
Justin

Any advice and insight regarding E and O / General Liability is helpful! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

You should check out FREA prior to making any decisions. Talk to Chris Butler 800-882-4410 ext. 104

or email him here cbutler@frea.com

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I like FREA too.

Also, take the free survey in http://www.nachi.org/insurance.htm

Also, http://www.nachi.org/eo.htm in the works.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

I’ve had both FREA and Allen. My suggestion would be Allen.

Originally Posted By: cbutler

Justin,

you are more than welcome to call me. Ask anyone here, I will tell you after we speak if the Allen deal is better. If you are new to the industry - go for it. And next year when your rate goes up 20-25% call us as our rates are based on a flat fee and not based on the amount of inspections you do. Just a flat rate and you will at that time be able to sign up for level a,b, or c and receive the NACHI discounted rate as well. As for Mr. Bowers it looks like he was with us well prior to me coming on board and it looks like before our current carrier as well. So I cannot comment on his issues with FREA.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(Former) Director of Membership @ FREA

chris_butler32@yahoo.com

Originally Posted By: dbowers

No major issues Chris, but I spent 5 years in sales and management with John Hancock Insurance and after having had both FREA and Allen - my personal choice for professional reasons is Allen.