Any reason this would be acceptable?

FWIW they make gauge reducers.

Gauge reducers are not cutting strands…lol…big difference.

This is a common misconseption that because it “passed inspection” that it is installed correctly or meets code. City inspectors assume no liability for what they inspect actually being code compliant…it’s actually quite the oposite. I’m not sure about your state, but in Florida it’s actually written into our code that the issuance of a C/O shall not be construed as approval of violation of the building code.

I don’t think anyone was assuming this was correct because it passed inspection. My assumption was the inspector didn’t even see the clipped strands.

Does that surprise you?

Not in the least! :slight_smile:

Juuust checking. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend. :D:D

I would not say the municipal inspector has no potential liability. They do not have total immunity from errors they may make. In fact, recently an Alabama electrical inspector was sued for something they should not have been sued for…luckily I think the case was finally dropped. However, not until great expense and stress onto the electrical inspector.

In our litigation happy world…anyone can be sued…so the myth they have total immunity is just that…a myth. In fact, I was an AHJ and know for a fact the local municipal attorneys held sessions on this fact and cited laws that made inspectors possibly liable…so I would not say they have total immunity.

For those of us that did know what FWIWwas.