Anybody twittering?

You are assuming enough people follow your twitter.

Why not blog on your own website ,rather than redirect them away from it?

I don’t really get it!

Neither did I. But then I kept hearing about it. And it clicked.

Twitter is a great way to get news as it happens. There are great news services that send out “tweets” during the day. Fox News, the New York Times and Sky News are three that come to mind - there are many, many others - that send out news updates day and night. If you follow them, they will send the news directly to your computer or cell phone.

The first reports of the ditching of Flight 1549 were over twitter - from passengers on board.

Better investigate this phenomenon or be left behind.

As Bob said. It’s better to blog and put out RSS feeds and have people subscribe to them so they see the new blogs every morning when you log in. Twitter is meant for short message like ‘Going to the grocery store.’ Fun for teenagers but that’s about it. Blogs are too long to be sent to cell phones and it doesn’t directly help out your SEO. Get get subscribing to your blogs instead.

There is so much junk to read on the Internet that only those looking for a Home Inspector at that given moment will ever read any of your blather.

Try this!

Type in Home Inspection and get back to us with what page number the first Twitter shows up on.:slight_smile:

Twitter is Paris Hilton for the moment.
Next year it will be something else.

I typed in ‘home inspection twitter’ and got 1.44 million hits.

Then I typed in “home AND inspection AND twitter” and got 699,000 hits.

You’re probably right, though. It’s just that the world always seems to make a little less sense whenever I’m wrong.

Joe forget number of hits.
There are 1 million hits for everything.
Just type in home Inspection and tell me if you can find a Twitter before page 100.:slight_smile:

If my friends and family care that I’m eating a sandwich or vacuuming my house and will take the time to log on to the computer to find out, I’m sure I need to re-evaluate my associations. If I find myself caring that a friend or family member is eating a sandwich, my next phone call will be one of these numbers.