Anybody want to have a party on this deck?

I’m sure it’s good for pool parties!

3 Likes

Appears the party happened during deck erecting. Lol. A lot of lumber was consumed, as well as other legal refreshments, during the all night-er.

2 Likes

I imagine one of those psychics trying to paint a picture of what happened here.

“Yes yes, I see it now. I’m picturing mullets and plaid shirts with the sleeves cut off. Yes Olde English bottles riddling the side yard and a dirt bike with the carburator taken apart sitting on a coffee table.”

2 Likes

That is quite the safety hazard, Evan! :flushed:

2 Likes

Well, they even have a spot to piss when you’ve had too much!

7 Likes

And its hard to tell if that post is meant to be bearing the roof above?? It’s not lined up with the lower one, looks like it is bearing on a flat 2x4 that is cantilevered. That wouldnt even hold the weight of the post by itself sufficiently…

1 Like

It’s hard to tell from the photo but that post goes all the way to the the roof above it had “decorative wood” stapled to the post. This house had a lot of that wood stapled randomly around the exterior. My guess is they took peyote one night and expressed themselves.

2 Likes

It was a 2 x 6 underneath but it wasn’t lined up properly. These guys did a real hack job on the deck. You should have seen the outbuilding they put together or I guess half put together. So property was a mess

2 Likes

Yes, I see it now. It is a structural beam, with decorative slats under the deck. That makes it look like 2x4s just stacked on top of each other.

That’s not a deck. That’s just the scaffolding they erected to finish installing the roof soffit. LOL

2 Likes

Lol ah my mistake, that makes a lot more sense with the way they left it!

Actually, if it had some guards, I would have trouble finding issue with it. Of course, the underside beam is doing a lot of work and would need to be engineered to do the job. (the distance of the cantilever is questionable, but this is not a “code” deck)

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I was thinking the cantilever was protruding a bit past the 1/3 distance which had me wondering as well, I’m happy you saw it as well. I think this deck was once in a lot better shape. This place was being purchased as a flipper so they weren’t to concerned with the deck. Just one of the worst for wear ones I’ve seen recently.

That’s a redneck urinal…