Anyone else from the UK here

Anyone of the forum from the UK?

I have noticed since becoming a full member that we have no chapters here in the UK and this is a reach out to see if any UK inspectors are on this forum.

I am based in South East Of England near Hastings.

This lists the Internachi Certified Inspectors only, not forum members, but it’s a start…

1 Like

Thank you my friend I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

1 Like

We’ve seldom heard from people in the UK, Jon. I always assumed it was because of RICS. I had talked with a guy in London about 8 years ago about starting a chapter there, but he very obviously wasn’t qualified. The building practices and laws are pretty different here, so although some of InterNACHI’s info would be relevant (laws of physics are the same, water still moves downhill. Inspectors still have to market) much of InterNACHI’s education wouldn’t apply.

2 Likes

Hi Kenton,

I must admit I enjoyed the Advanced mold inspection course more from Nachi than from other course providers.
The building science and thermology also.
I have moisture intrusion then indoor air quality next on the list.

I agree a lot of the articles are very different and many sections are not relevant, but I enjoy learning so I will take the bits I can use etc.

I am struggling with the CPI exam as not much of it is compatible as well as ft and inches, as the UK was forced metric a few years ago.
I am enjoying Nachi and this forum very much, money well spent.

1 Like

You can get a lot of answers right here on the message boards too, Jon.

1 Like

Yes definitely and thank you again for your responses, it’s a phenomenal business and although mold, damp and indoor air is my main line of business I am now branching out in to the mobile homes/ park homes inspection and surveying sector.

Exciting times ahead.

Thank you again.

1 Like

I am currently involved in a small part in helping to set up the Society of Building Health which will be an organisation on par with RICS and ISSE.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am from the UK and very interested in joining InterNachi and becoming a certified home inspector but I am not sure if I can use InterNachi in the UK legally as there is no information on this website that indicates that the certifications are recognised in the UK and without being recognised I am not sure you can legally practice or even get business insurance etc. I have contacted InterNachi directly but I have not recieved a response! The UK is also not listed on this page Home Inspector Licensing & Certification which has pretty much every country aside the Uk…

Has anyone here actually joined InterNachi and set themselves legally in the UK as an inspector? If so I would love to hear from you!

Thanks very much!

Welcome to our forum, James!..enjoy and participate. :smiley: