Anyone know about Amerispec? I'm getting calls from them.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Anyone know anything about Amerispec? I’m getting inquiries from them. I don’t know anything about them.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

What kind of inquries are you getting?

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

You know… who is NACHI?, do you have a Standards of Practice?, do you have a Code of Ethics?, how the heck can you provide http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm for free? and then the oldie but goodie… where are you located?

I love that one. I always answer "everywhere."

I just thought it odd to get so many inquiries from them recently. Anyone know what's up with these guys?

Nick

Originally Posted By: matnic

They have a company here in Rochester. I think they’re National

Originally Posted By: psabados

National franchise in USA and Canada

They have a company store in Philly

Paul

Originally Posted By: jpope

http://www.amerispec.com/

I'm sure you've already seen this, right?

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Amerispec is a Large Home Inspection Franchise Network owned by ServiceMaster. They are well established within the Industry.

http://www.amerispecpro.com/home.html

http://www.amerispec.com/subPage.cfm/hurl/docid=5

http://www.amerispec.ca/

Sign them up.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

I know several inspectors who dropped their franchises years ago because of problems. Don’t know anything about them other than that. Whatever it was may have been straightened out.

Jerry Peck

South Florida

Originally Posted By: ktrice

Nick they are big here in Oklahoma and I believe most of them belong to ashi. That is why I feel we need a chapter here to let more people know

that we are here and ready to do business.

Thanks

Ken Trice
www.tricehomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Jerry P:

Amerispec had issues some years back and it was before they came under ServiceMaster. At least that is my understanding.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Nick, if you are coming to the MD booth in September, we may be right across from them. It was a last choice booth, but at the rate the booths are filling it may be.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: pdacey

There is a local Amerispec franchise here too. All I know is that I’ve gotten a lot of calls from agents who used to use them and are looking for a change.

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Patrick I ditto your response, Amerispec is one of my biggest competitors, but at the same time everyone is trying to get away from them here in my Michigan area.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: psissler

Nick, there is an Amerispec in Sacramento Calif. www.amerispecsacto.com.

916-672-9104

Hpoe this helps.

Patrick M. Sisler
Alta Sierra Home Inspections
altasierrahi@lycos.com

Originally Posted By: hjavier

I did a few inspections for a couple of lenders and realtors who used Amerispec… They don’t anymore icon_cool.gif

Hendrie Javier

The House Mouse Inspection Services LLC

“Inspected as expected”

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Nick - You probably already know this, but AmeriSpec is about the next oldest National Franchise for HI’s other than HouseMaster. They’re also one of the largest. I understand some of the big Franchise Groups like US-Inspect, AmeriSpec, etc. have started losing interest in another large National HI Association that they have promoted for years and are starting to look for a new home and a new HI Association to promote.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Nick - Another thought. Many of the BIG Multi-Man Companies around the country and Representatives from National HI Franchisees had a special meeting in the Chicago area in the late fall to discuss their unhappiness with another LARGE National HI Association and the direction its going.

This may be fallout or feedback from these folks shopping a new home.

Originally Posted By: jday

I currently own a Pillar To Post franchise and it is correct that the franchises are leaving that other organization due to that organization changing it’s standards. Apparently they aren’t happy with the franchises and are trying to get hi’s to become independents. I just attended a continuing education meeting in Atlanta and NAHI had reps there testing any hi that wanted to switch over to them. Alot of guys did but then a lot didn’t because they say that people really look that you belong to that other group before they will use you. I have yet to find an agent that asked or cared about what organization I belong to.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Don’t everyone kill me for what I’m about to say… but…

I'd join ASHI (actually I did years ago) before I'd join NAHI (note I said NAHI, not NACHI).

NAHI is a bland association that provides fewer benefits than even ASHI. I can understand being a member of ASHI (YES I SAID IT). At least they have a little something going on. But NAHI????? NAHI is as dead and as flat as a floor mat and of no benefit to anyone in the inspection business.

Nick

Originally Posted By: cmccann

That’s funny because on a news broadcast about home inspectors here in Michigan(which I have posted about in other threads) claimed that you should hire only inspectors belonging to ASHI or NAHI in big bold letters. Also the NAHI Michigan chapter president was on TV talking about home inspections. Only after writing the station did I get them to add the NACHI to there website and I also asked for a on air correction, which I don’t believe they have done yet. So in Michigan the NAHI is hardly dead and I’m now considering joining because of the live at 5 broadcast that could shed doubt on my legitimacy.

NACHI MAB!