Anyone use PaybyCheck?

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does anyone use this to accept payment?

I saw this on another site I was buying from and decided to give the company a look.

$1.36 per transaction. That's not a bad fee at all. Beats Paypal or Credit cards that charge 2.965% per transaction usually.

(some of my clients don't make it to the inspection so am looking for easy ways for them to pay me without overnighting a check or paying thru paypal and me getting charged $8 for a $250 inspection.)
It's just a link you put on your website that goes to a secure site for the client to pay via check.

I can't find what they charge for a one time setup fee though. If anyone can find it, let me know.

From what I see, it's worth looking into.

here's the link... http://www.paybycheck.com/

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Look on the left menu for the fees tab.

http://www.paybycheck.com/pbcfees.html

$99.95 one time set up fee for Account Activation
$39.95 a month for Monthly Service Fee
$ 1.36 per check up to 600 checks.

Are you saying that PayPal charged you $8.00 to process a $250.00 payment?????

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

http://www.paybycheck.com/compare.html

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Ahhhh…that’s the catch…I didn’t see that & thought I looked all over. Not bad if your into online shopping, but for what we do, it’s too steep for a monthly fee unless you get more than 6 payments this way/month. Thanks Erby!

Just like accepting Credit cards thru a machine, paypal charges the same (just without having to use the machine) I think it's like 2.965% of the transaction. When someone wants to pay by paypal I just send them a Paypal invoice for $257 rather than $250. I note the additional set fee on my website. Sux, but I haven't had any complaints about it yet.

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: troberts1

Kevin,

check with Don West he has a program that he has developed himself, he is now building me a web site that I won as a door prize at the Pudget sound chapter meeting. my site is not done yet but if I remember right I think he said that he charges $60.00 to set it up after set up it only cost you the cost of the checks, which are the same type of computer checks that you buy at like office depot. he has some sites to look at. go to his site

[url]www.DownToEarthSites.com

It,s worth looking into

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

PAYPAL is the way to go. Depending on your sales volume the most you will pay is 2.9% plus $.30 per transaction. eCheck will not exceed $5. PayPal will not protect you if you surcharge the customer a PAYPAL fee. Monthly fees are FREE.