Anyone wanna guess what likely would have happened?

Thanks. Yes I verify the information they provide and tell them how to obtain. I will do their reasearch for them for a fee but most choose to do their own due diligence to save a buck. Just another way I offer them ways to save. Why pay for full service if they can do their own work seems to be many of their preference.

I would have done it for free and told her to pay me when she got it straightened out.

That is commendable I used to do more stuff for free than I could shake a stick at for about 25 years.

Boy I wish I had charged and saved now days.

Funny thing is it never came back around like folks say it does.

I bet total freebies and donations and such is in the tens of thousands of dollars. Hell I wish I had 1/2 of what I have given away or donated.

I guess it must be because of my opinions on this organization’s forums huh :frowning:

John,

If you want I have all her info I will gladly pass it along so you can spread some Xmas spirit. It will likely make her day. I also had an ole lady call ask a bunch of questions and say she really cannot afford the inspection but is getting a roof with some no payback 7 year lien grant thing etc… Not sure what she was talking about but if she calls back you can have her info as well if you like. I’ll be glad to send you all the charity cases I come across so you can continue to do the wonderful work as that is an awesome thing to do and I am glad you can help those in need.

I guess you aren’t gonna step up for her huh :frowning:

All internet bull s h i t . Like always. just say what you think they want to hear huh.

Sorry was working on reports and some other business stuff(for the last hour). How about this. I will pay you to do the inspection. It is too far to travel. Just tell me where to send the money(paypal?).

No sweat but are you sure my report would be up to you standards??? I mean that and I will do it for the $70 sale price and give you full credit. I am going to bed now but will check in tomorrow.

Nice thing you are offering her. No sarcasm intended at all :slight_smile:

I wish I could still roll like that. Shoot me you email again by regular email and when I get it tomorrow and am in the office I will call her and tell her of the offer and that it comes from you. Do let me know in the email how and if you expect payment from her and I know you are good for what would be owed me. I will even take a check :slight_smile: I do offer that to all inspectors who want me to do something for them.

Good night :slight_smile: meeker@comcast.net Paypal is fine and to the address I just typed. Do not pay until I tell you it is done and she has agreed to your terms though please I do not want any confusion.

There are several different programs like that. Most are 8-10 year terms. The stipulations are you have to stay in the home for the duration of the lien. Some are specific items, like a roof, others, and I had one client, where it was a dollar amount. That one was 40K…for 15 years.

It is supposed to promote stability in the neighborhood and the new roof/other upgrades are supposed to make the home safer while at the same time, increasing the value.
If you move out, and each plan is different, you either have to pay the full amount or it is pro-rated.

The “urban-blight” areas, in most instances, are the ones that qualify. If I remember correctly, areas of Plantation, Lauderhill, SW Fort Lauderdale, parts of Sunrise, were the areas that qualified.

Maybe you could just add Mike to the staff! :wink:

Go ahead and do it. Tell her to pay YOU when she gets the money(it just easier), you can forward to me IF she pays. I will pay you(via paypal) the when as you tell me you are ready. No need to give me credit, your work, your report.

You guys have no compassion. If this really happened to her, and that $70 is so important to her (plus the rest of her bank account) there should be no discussion on this, no matter what time of year this happened. Mike, send me her name and phone number and I will do it for her for free, if she hasn’t already had it done.

Hey John…I have a client who needs an inspection. I told her it would be $450K. Could you send me a check for the 450K and then, I’ll have her pay you…when she can? :slight_smile:

Or, should I call Russ? :slight_smile:

I will try to get to her this afternoon but I will give you the credit as it is deserved. It should be a curious experiment in human behavior :slight_smile:

Eric,

Thanks for the info on that roof stuff as i was curious.

Well my dumb a s s helped the Principal and the guy she had assembling a playground in between slinging Pizza yesterday and as she thanked me I said "anytime I do not have worked scheduled I would be glad to help. So she accepted and will be digging hole mixing concrete and setting up the playground. I wish I would have thought it out first and realized I was in trouble when the guy called me and starting asking questions and such. Oh well time to take one for the kiddies :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll post a pick if I survive the day it looks like a neat set and it is for I think Kinder or pre K or both. Real little tykes. Sure am glad I have a couple of heavy duty drills and paddles. Yesterday I had to tighten Torx screws about 2 inches long with a short allen wrench. The only day I rode with my wife and did not have my truck I needed my tools.

Well I forgot how hourly workers work thats for sure. An hour and 15 minute lunch really :frowning: We could have finished if it were not for that. I went prepared to work on through I had my cold drink cooler and salami and cheese sandwich then had to kill an hour and 15 minutes in the middle of the day.

Even when I was a laborer in the old days we just scarfed and went back to work. Out of the shade and into the heat off your a s s and on your feet was our motto. We always would rather finish up early instead of sitting around just watching the clock after eating.

John,

I tried to contact the lady and got not answer I left her a message and said a fellow inspector heard her story and was willing to take care of the cost until she could pay for it. I will keep you all informed as to what happens. I will personally call at least one more time but after that I will not chase her trying to do her a favor. Thanks again it is a mighty nice thing you are offering the lady.

Really?:shock:

WTF?
:shock:

I’m with you Red Neck Pete.
Cash is KING!

If someone writes you a rubber check it is criminal .
If they stop payment it is civil.

I am no going through the trouble for $100 or less. Still won’t get you paid.