Appliance Serial # Woes

Here is the condenser side, it was hardly legible

Weird, it shows that unit installed in Indio, California.

Edit: never mind, same serial showing for another model in California. :smiley:

1 Like

This was a weird project. Look at this brand new 1998 rooftop condenser.

2 Likes

I have to assume that the Standards applied to mini-splits are different than standard systems. I don’t recall ever seeing a mini that ever jived with a standard systems numbers. I simply never trust what they infer. I always research unless the DOM is actually printed on the data plate!

4 Likes

Just curious, does your state require you to provide this information?
I realize it can be a nice to have info, but is it required?

1 Like

This is what I was thinking too. When you post a manufacturing date for a piece of equipment I think you’re really boxing yourself into a good lawsuit if you’re wrong. I don’t do it it’s outside of the SOP. We are not required to determine the age or installation time of any equipment.

1 Like

No, it’s not required in either of the states I inspect in. I think it’s more of a “standard of care” thing since I find it on all my competitor’s reports as well. Buyers and agents also routinely ask and I get the feeling if I didn’t list it my phone be ringing constantly.

1 Like

i record the data plate information for my file, it rarely makes it into the reports and less rarely do i get any calls about it… I was just curious.

1 Like

I see most Mini splits with the 1995 ANSI.
Newer ones may have a QR code to help distinguish between 2018 and 2008.
Most all Bradford White also have the correct ANSI number on the label.
Would identify 2000 or 2020.
And thanks above for the Mitsubishi reference.

1 Like

Thank you for the link, I haven’t seen this site before and Mitsubishi is difficult to decode sometimes.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Ditto that.

If I can’t decipher the approximate age I put “Unable to determine” in that section of the report.