Appointment Manager?

I just switched from the classic business scheduler to the new appointment manager. When I click on view map to try and bring it up for GPS in google maps it comes up in the app saying unsupported link and won’t work, but if I hold on it and open in a tab in the browser it comes up. Any chance of getting this to work so I can just click on it and use the google maps app for GPS, would make my life much easier instead of having to copy and paste the address all the time. Thanks for any help!

It should work fine by clicking on it. It could be one of a few possibilities.

The developer asked:
What phone and internet browser are they using? What is the address of the appointment?

You may want to email me directly and I will include Forrest so he can help find out a solution. Russell@HomeGauge.com

Thanks.

Any update on the New appointment manager online scheduler for agents and clients

Progress is being made to allow agents and buyers to schedule online. Many are using it now and we soon will release a one page note for them to fill out for an inspection which will populate the inspection report for you in the interim.

Hey Russell, sorry didn’t get back sooner, never got notification of a response and been slammed, just getting a chance to look here. I am using a Samsung S7. Internet browser shouldn’t matter, it’s trying to open in the Google Maps app, which is what I want it to do for GPS. Still having the problem, been just copy and pasting. Also, I had to get a new Galaxy camera for HG companion because the flash on mine took a dump, can you please ask someone to clear the registration for me so I can register the new one, it’s not letting me, says it’s an invalid activation code when I know it’s correct, thanks buddy.

I reset your device so you should be able to activate the new device. I also started an email for you and the developer to find out about the issue with the new appointment manager.

Thanks!

Thanks so much Russell!

Hi Devon. This is Forrest with HomeGauge.

We are deploying an update tomorrow that should resolve the “Unsupported link” issue you are seeing. It is due to a bug on Samsung Galaxy phones but there is a work around we were able to implement.

That’s awesome, thanks so much Forrest, I just gave in to the fact that it wasn’t going to work and have been copying and pasting from the appointment into maps, this will be so much nicer! :slight_smile:

BTW, how come when you save a bookmark of the appointment calendar if you’ve been logged out and have to log back in it won’t go to the appointment calendar? When I used the old scheduler it would go to it after logging in, now it goes to my reports instead.

Not redirecting on login has been a problem with all of the new pages on the website. There is a very long technical answer to that question but coincidentally that will be fixed with the release this morning as well. :slight_smile:

-Forrest

I know that I may seem like a nag, but when are we going to see the fully functional appointment manager, with agent and customer being able to order on line?

Your not nagging just waiting. Me too. Good news is this morning part of our scheduled down time was installing a lot of platform code for the public scheduling aspect. So your a bit psychic!

Remember though, we are going to first release a cool way for the customer or agent to request a time and that info will pass straight into the appointment manager for you.

Then we will move towards more customer agent scheduling ability.

It appears this part has been fixed, but the other issue with Google maps is still a no go. Attaching screenshots.

I am confused by what HG is doing. The Classic Scheduler does not require additional action by me. I thought the appointment manger was going to work the same way but add sending the agreement. It is my hope that the new appointment manager is not the end result. There is certainly a lot that is not good, nice or easy about the new appointment manager.

1. Password to create an appointment. Really! A password should not be required to set an appointment, I see phone calls from agents who use to schedule online, I do not need phone calls. I need the online scheduler to manage my appointments not create more work.
  2. I do not need to be negotiating appointment times. I have two 9AM and 2PM. That is it, again I hope that what I just watched is an early release and I can continue to use the Classic.
  3. All the info that is possible to collect. I do not need it. I do need to know if the customer will be there. Again, I hope this is an early release.
  4. I offer radon and mold testing. The Request Appointment feature does not allow anyone to add additional services. What about additional buildings and garages?
  5. If I have to go to the appointment manager to finalize the appointment, then why have an online scheduler?Simply the thoughts of a one man home inspection company.

I am confused by what HG is doing. The Classic Scheduler does not require additional action by me. I thought the appointment manger was going to work the same way but add sending the agreement. It is my hope that the new appointment manager is not the end result. There is certainly a lot that is not good, nice or easy about the new appointment manager. 1. Password to create an appointment. Really! A password should not be required to set an appointment, I see phone calls from agents who use to schedule online, I do not need phone calls. I need the online scheduler to manage my appointments not create more work.2. I do not need to be negotiating appointment times. I have two 9AM and 2PM. That is it, again I hope that what I just watched is an early release and I can continue to use the Classic.3. All the info that is possible to collect. I do not need it. I do need to know if the customer will be there. Again, I hope this is an early release.4. I offer radon and mold testing. The Request Appointment feature does not allow anyone to add additional services. What about additional buildings and garages?5. If I have to go to the appointment manager to finalize the appointment, then why have an online scheduler?Simply the thoughts of a one man home inspection company.

Hi Mike,
I responded to this post on you tube where you first left it. I am responding again here. Is there other areas I need to go hunt down?

Please don't be confused. Some inspectors do not want the agent to see time slots because if their time is not available they leave for their second favorite inspector. I see that you want the agent to see your time slots and book it. That option is coming too. Continue using the classic scheduler until we develop that option. Meanwhile many inspectors prefer this option and it was a natural progression to the option you want. Your surprised reaction is like a person walking up to a partially built house not realizing that you can't start with a house built. There are steps leading up to the completion of the home.

Russell, I really like this new appointment request feature, we took the actual scheduler off of our website a while ago because all it did was cause scheduling conflicts anytime someone used it. My wife does all of my scheduling and office end of things and this is exactly what we were looking for, thank you!

Russell, When do you expect that we can move in to the finished house?

That’s Awesome! We have had many inspectors who wanted full control and enjoyed the extra touch of calling the agent back and personalized service!