Areas with new HI license laws coming up.

Yep.

It has happened over and over.

But now jimmy (seeing some higher purpose) has been co opted and his once adamant and well supported stand against licensing is wasted. :frowning:

All polls show the majority of HI like Licensing.

You mean the infamous NACHI polls?:roll::roll:

Only those who already qualify. :wink:

Home Inspector legislation is very popular with newbies…of which NACHI has an abundance of, and always has. They think a license will give them credibility and help them to compete.

The key word is ALL. :wink:

Whether you are ‘fer it’ or ‘agin it’, the truth is, if there were not laws licensing home 90% of us would not be home inspectors by choice. We are all just as guilty of taking advantage of a law for money. Laws are mostly good. I do still have a little faith left in our government.

Perhaps you can provide the raw data from which this interesting statistic was derived,

All published polls I have ever seen. Even the Ohio study. :stuck_out_tongue:

All polls I have ever seen of HI’s, favor Licensing.

I have never seen any polls broken down by the date a HI acquired his Full Time Logo. :smiley:

If the polls were right…Missouri would have been licensed in 2004.

HI polled do not make the Laws. Are you familiar with our form of Govt here?

Perhaps a quick refresher from Larson would be of help. :cool:

Nah. Too much trouble to un-ignore him. If I ever need any “Larson” advice I will go directly to the source…cliffClavin.jpg

If home inspectors are to be licensed in all states, then all contractors, repair persons, HVAC, electricians, plumbers, drywall, home builders, anyone who does home repairs, home building, or is involved in home sale transactions should ALL be licensed in every county of every licensed state, required to take educational courses every year and have insurance that would be required by the state.

Why just go part-way with us?

Just think of the revenue the states would draw, and the money educational providers and insurance companies would make.

The Missouri Realtors made their 1st run at us in 2002.

Lay down, take some aspirin, apply a cold compress, and wait for it to pass. ](*,)

LOL!

How are things going for you Andrew? Long time, no hear!

I’m still making due.

It’s not too bad being an inspector as long as you have 2 or 3 other jobs to help pay the bills. :stuck_out_tongue:

I check in here every once in a while to make sure I don’t miss anything important, but I’ve been too busy hustling to chit-chat.

How are things down there?

Home inspections are slow. I am mainly writing mold remediation protocols. Staying busy!