Arrow Shot Into Duct

I found this on an inspection yesterday, and I thought y’all would appreciate it!

The home owner had setup some archery targets in their basement - apparently, a shot went a little high :joy:

10 Likes

Good catch, Sam. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

good they didn’t hit that pex water line…

5 Likes

Nice one, Saman. By the way, did you take a peek behind the fiberglass insulation fastened to the concrete wall? It is known for potential mold growth. I thought I would throw that out there, have a good one. :smiley:

Thanks Junior!

I’m still working on my process and I have a couple of great mentors, but I still miss a few things here and there - but they’re keeping me on my toes! I’m happy to say I caught this arrow on my own. har har :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks Scott,

Honesty, I didn’t even think of looking behind the insulation. But I will from now on!

The home was occupied, and there were a ton of personal belongings around. There were a few spots where the wrap was torn… I should have looked there. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

:laughing::joy::laughing: that is down right funny. Good catch Saman!

2 Likes

Nice eye, Saman! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Observation: Arrow in duct.
Recommend: Licensed cooking contractor:
A: Store bought duct:

1. Remove the giblets from inside the duck . Rinse the duck , inside and outside, with cold water. …
  2. Set the duck on the working surface. …
  3. Put 5 chopped garlic cloves and lemon slices inside the duck cavity (these are just for flavor, not for eating - you will discard them after cooking ).

B: Wild duct:

1. Preheat oven and stuff the duck : Preheat oven to 450°F. …
  2. Slather the duck inside and out with olive oil. Sprinkle all sides of the duck with coarse salt.
  3. Roast the duck breast side up: Lay the duck breast up, on a roast rack in a roasting pan. …
  4. Let rest: …
  5. Make gravy with the drippings: …
  6. Serve:
    Limitations: Wife is a terrible cook.
5 Likes

Another hunting season with unfilled tags by the homeowner. Gotta get better at aiming, lol.

2 Likes

Robert,

Have any recommendations‽ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Always next year I thought.

Nothing a little foil duct tape can’t handle or sealed for probing.
Personally though, I was hoping for an arrow in the deer or bear. :smiley: That’s good eating as well.

1 Like

So, is attaching a duct to a wall with an arrow an approved method by code? Asking for a friend

3 Likes

I wonder if they had bought a duct stamp before killing that duct.

2 Likes

Nah, not in your own basement…who’s to know? :crazy_face: