As I predicted.... Go Gold Go!

I moved (I’m a PM broker) so much gold today my arms got tired. A lot of action in gold today.

Up up and away!

gold-nov-16-2009.gif

Dollar dropped again Nick? :wink:

Gerry

As the dollar dropped against the euro and yen, gold struck an all-time peak of 1,133.20 dollars an ounce.

Glad we picked up a couple more pounds since last November; even my grandson thinks it will continue to rise with the 'hope and change".

Bank just called 10 minutes ago with a .55% on a 90 day, think I’ll buy an old vette. Daytona has 1500 cars on sale at their car show in two weeks.

Great idea Doug, use cheap dollars for cheap laughs (Classic car prices are more stable) my kind of investing, but a Corvette :shock: you can buy a proper sportscar for the same money … and not have to wear a chest wig and a medalion :wink:

Regards

Gerry

I presume a Bentley GT would be more your cup of tea Gerry?

Undoubtedly, that or a nice Aston :smiley: Shame I don’t have a ratty MG budget :frowning:

Gerry

It would have to be an old vintage MG. Anything after Leyland took it over just doesn’t do it for me. Had a 77, worst auto of my life. Always broken, took some fella named Ramone in a long white coat to work on it, took weeks to get it back. After owning that one, I know why you fellas drink your beer warm. :wink:

Once when I was at sea, my sweet wife wrote and told me she almost got out a pistol and shot the damn thing. Loved driving it, hated owning it. Traded it on a new RX-7 when they first came out. Wish I still had it.

What good will it be if gold climbs back to 2000 and ounce, if the dollar is worth only .10 or $0 after you pay $1000?

If thisis not a sports car, then I don’t know what is, and at just $108 thou, you can buy two for the price of a DBS and pocket about $62 grand!

The paper is worthless while the gold increases in value. Just read yesterday the world’s supply of gold is run out. In other words, very little is being mined or recovered making that on hand worth even more (supply and demand). During Carter Admin gold tripled in value, many speculate this will happen again. Noticed all the ads on TV for selling any gold jewelry you have laying around? That would be stupid, trading gold for paper. Meanwhile, China is building up their gold supply / reserves. Only one thing bothers me. If the economy crashes, what is prevent the Gov’t from seizing all gold and silver…again.

At least they pay you for it when they confiscate it. I believe they paid a decent premium when they confiscated it in the 1930’s. You could not open your safety deposit boxes without someone to see if you had gold in there.

Yeah, but they still pay you with worthless paper.

I don’t think the government ever confiscated silver. It can get bulky, but it’s not “worthless” paper.

I have this on Craigslist http://boulder.craigslist.org/clt/1458463515.html $1,000.00 discount to InterNACHI members. The melt price is over $2,300.00 and the center coin is quite rare and worth about $700 alone.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/06/pf/gold_investing_bubble.fortune/index.htm

too much work watching the daily swings to make it worth while…

I had a 240 Z for 5 years, drove it on Sunday as they say- best car and most fun I ever had (sold it for twice what I payed for it - dumb move). G Kids like the vettes, have to have a car in my name for taxes. Corvette are often babied so easy find. I doubt I’ll drive it much, if I have time I’d rather be in my boat. My other choice is a VW bug - go figure.

At my age the car shows are fun. We got a condo in Orlando this year and lots of car shows up there - something to do on weekends.

Wish I had known that you’re and old gearhead Doug, we had a great show here 2-3 weeks ago 200-300 British classics in Downtown Safety Harbor, there was some great stuff there. I spent so much time wiping off drool that I didn’t take many pictures but here’s a couple.

(extra points for naming them :smiley: )

Regards

Gerry

S5001356 (Small).JPG

S5001358 (Small).JPG

If anyone wants to know how to invest directly in gold within an IRA, send me an email. I’ll forward you an article about how to do it. (I’m putting about 10% of my IRA in gold.)

Gerry
Got out of the army and worked seven days a week for six months saving money to buy a Austin Healey Mark 3000. One cold winter day I walked into the dealers with my check book and said “I want that car”.
Saleman said you can’t have it, the dealer is buying it, they just stopped production.:frowning: No body had any left.
Now that was a sad day in my life I’ve never forgotten. Since I worked for Ponitac, bought a GTO, just not the same.

Went to Zepherhills last weekend, was fun.