As is Condition?

You should really listen to Kevin though :mrgreen:

How much they have to spend is never my concern.

I rarely see homes that are selling AS IS but I know of a few that have not sold for YEAR’s. You want to come up and help them sell the Home that can’t sell? I think before long people will not touch them and they will need to be mowed down.

It was a problem that was visible to anyone but reporting it would effect the loan process if disclosed. The buyer wants the home but wants to repair the problem on his terms not make it a lender requirement. This is getting very close to the fraud line. Seller will make no concessions price has been lowered well below appraisal price

The problem is (at least in CA) that if this guy walks and another buyer comes along, the previous reports can be used by the subsequent buyer. If I left it out, I could be responsible for “missing” it. To top it off, my insurance wouldn’t cover me because this would be a “known omission.”

I’m sure things may be different in OK, but I still would not leave something out on purpose.

Yes Okla is different subsequent buyers can not use the report by law. This particular problem is something I never inspect on any inspection and is disclaimed on every report. But I could still see a problem with the item I would of had to be blind and I am far from blind

I dont even want to see the disclosure form. doesnt matter to me

Nor does apparently matter to the sellers, owners, or anyone else :D. I’d probably keel over if I ever saw one truthfully filled out.

“as is” means nothing more than the seller is not willing to perform any repairs or make any changes. The property is being sold in the current condition.

“as is” has nothing to do with disclosure or whether the property is in great or poor shape. It only has to do with the seller stating they are not willing to do anything else in order to sell the property, and most often, that no further negotiations will be considered. Take it or leave it.

In actuality, all homes are sold “as is”. Even new homes are sold “as is”, they are just held to a higher quality since they are new and usually have a 1 year warranty.

There is no such thing as an “as is deal”. Everything is negotiable. Just did one last week…as is…bank came down 10K to sell the house after the inspection.

True OR they’ve dropped their selling price as low as they can go AND this is the bottom line OR they just plain don’t wanta be nickeled and dimed to death.

HOWEVER, it never hurts to ask. IF something big comes up that they were not aware of a seller is faced with: disclosing it to the next buyer; lowering price even more; getting it fixed; OR sitting longer with it on the market hoping to sell. SO maybe since they’ve got a buyer hot to trot on the line the seller will NEGOTIATE his “AS IS” sale even more. Ask …

It all gets down to “does the buyer want to buy more than the seller wants to sell”

You been doing this a lot longer than me, Charley, but it seems you just solved the dilemma.

You say they asked you to leave it out. You said you never inspect it and always disclaim it anyway.

Problem solved. :smiley:

Exactly. They put “as is” in there because they really don’t want to pay anything on repairs or deficiencies. But it’s always negotiable, even if they think it’s not.

Something similar when I sold a house a while back. Brand new fridge was an anniversary present from my mother in law. We were selling the house, and said the fridge doesn’t stay. We get a full price offer, but the buyer wants the fridge, or they walk (or so they say). I wasn’t willing to kill the deal over a $1200 fridge. I made enough on the home to buy at least 10 replacements.

Everything is negotiable. :slight_smile:

When we bought this house, the price was $329K “as is”.
We paid 315K and they threw in all the lawn equipment and the hot tub!

Nice…
Don’t buy just before the bubble bursts…
I paid 329K for a house “as is” when I lived in Jacksonville in 05. 4000 sq ft, needed new kitchen including appliances, all new carpet, new roof, new HVAC, and new patio around pool.

After doing all that, we put the house on the market for 429K. Who loses money on real estate in Florida?

Short sold in 09 for 210K…ouch! :twisted:

We will be here for at least another 15 years…maybe longer…it will be paid off long before that!

Spent a little time in our branch at Pompano Beach while I lived there. Nice area, but way too many people for this hillbilly!!

“As is” means “I don’t want to pay to fix anything or lower my price.”
It’s meaningless. I ignore it. If you find a structural problem that costs $50,000 to fix in $200,000 home, either they won’t sell it, or they’ll make some concession.

We spent the last 15 years in Coconut Creek. …too much for this not so country boy! Palm City is much more to our liking!

At least you just about always have beautiful weather (except the hurricanes).

I loved June 1 thru Nov 1…I was in the Standby Generator Power Business :mrgreen: