ASHI and NAHI to merge due to dwindling membership numbers.

Frank, they are on a dingy, throwing pebbles at our battleship. Here is what they hate the most: www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm

Two do-nothing associations simply make another do-nothing association.

A zero-member-benefit association plus a zero-member-benefit association still equals zero, last time I tried on my calculator.

www.nachi.org/benefits.htm

Your calculator requires batteries to operate. Try putting batteries in the caculator! :mrgreen:

[FONT=Arial]Raymond,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]If “I could do as I please” I would have had Nick haul you into court for hacking into this message board![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I would have him sue you for every penny that you have! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]{Hopefully he will listen and soon do this for ALL NACHI members.} [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]“If I could do as I please”……I would have NACHI sue you for your slanderous remarks against NACHI as an association and against several NACHI members! [/FONT]

Frank,

Given your repeated abuses and participation, don’t call the kettle black! You are a disgrace.

As for hacking once again your complete ignorance is on display. Just look at the number of people not using their real name. Look up the meaning of hacking.

And don’t make threats its not becoming considering you are a member of the elite Goon Squad!

[FONT=Arial]Jim… My old friend… As you ALREADY KNOW… If and when I find something that I do not agree with I take it STRAIGHT TO NICK![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I DO NOT “PUBLICALLY” trash out the association and Nick thereby causing harm to NACHI and ALL of our members![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Jim,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I ask you to “Take a Break” and STOP these DAILY attacks! [/FONT]

Frank,

JB is not a member, you cannot control him, nor order him around. Get over your need to control. Geeez you think you were an ESOP member for God sake!

Is it a merge or a take over?

I think it would be a great idea but I think that too much hatred abounds between many folks in each organization, including Nick. Over the past couple of years I don’t think that I have see anyone in a national leadership position in ASHI or NAHI acting or saying things about INACHI like Nick does toward ASHI or NAHI. It is beyond me, why acts like he does, it only hurts his members in the eyes of their peers. I guess he thinks that he is helping INACHI, but it only hurts it in the long run. Nicks friend Joe Ferry and I talked about this at InspectionWorld , even Joe agreed with my feelings.

Nick is a likable guy, I have shared a drink or two with him over the years and I can see why he has the following he has. But, I wish he would tone done his rhetoric, it would help with the image of INACHI and its members in the home inspection profession.

I think most of us who have been around for many years just want what is best for the profession. I was guilty of badgering and bashing a couple of years back, but I made a personal decision to stop and to try and improve our profession. Too much energy has been wasted on trivial facts and statistics about who had more, who gets more site traffic and on and on and on. It really makes little difference when folks are not buying homes and home inspectors are going out of business every day.

[FONT=Arial]I am NOT threatening you! I and SEVERAL others have asked Nick / NACHI to sue you for;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]1. Defamation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]2. Libel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]3. Slander.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Nick has told me that he is “giving you enough rope to hang yourself” and when the day comes there will be NO WAY that you will be able to defend yourself in court![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]My only problem is… that I do not have the patience that Nick does![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Why don’t you do a "Cut & Paste of EVERY remark that you have made on this message board {I and several others have already done so} and give them to YOUR attorney?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]He will tell you that YOU are building a great case AGAINST yourself! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]***YOU ***are making the laswsuit sooooo easy!! Keep up the Good Work! [/FONT]

ASHI’s Scott Patterson writes:

Scott, I appreciate your feelings, but then again I don’t have our members over on the ASHI board electronically sabotaging it with anti-ASHI crap 24/7 do I?

I’m only defending our association from YOUR Dan Harris’s and Jim Bushart’s… in our home.

Really neither at this time. Just the start of a relationship to help each other and the members of each organization.

Scott,
Thank you for your response!

[FONT=Arial]But…… This “hatred” is a two way street and on MANY an occasion… I have seen it coming in “our” direction like a Freight Train at 100-miles per hour![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I too wish that there was a “better relationship” between the two associations. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I for one hope to see better relations in the future! :p[/FONT]

Scott,
How does ASHI keep the “hackers” and the trash talkers off of the ASHI board?

The ASHI board does not have public section. This is really the only way you can control it. We have had a few hackers from time to time, but with the new software and the registration process has stopped all of that.

I think Jim Bushart was one of the first to hack into the old site. Y’all had Jim first!!:wink:

Scott,
Does the**[FONT=Arial] “ASHI Code of Ethics”** for your membership condone and or allow this type of behavior? [/FONT]

In my opinion these attacks reflect poorly on ASHI and only throws gasoline on the fire!

There is little wonder that there is a “War” between the two associations. I for one am sick of it!

I and many other have already proposed to Nick that non members and especially expelled members not be allowed to post ANYTHING on our message board!

One of the things that I ADMIRE about ASHI is… The unwillingness to put up with these types of slanderous attacks!

I didn’t hack it, Scott. I haven’t hacked anything since I quit smoking.

A former ASHI member gave me his code.

I kinda like the name Harvey Hemplestern, it had a nice ring to it!

I guess it depends how this ends up. Not much of a relationship if it turns out to be a take over.

I guess it could fall under some part of the ASHI Ethics.

Closing up the public part of the INACHI site would stop all of this nonsense. But, it would also limit the exposure that Nick wants for INACHI. This I’m betting is the main reason that it has stayed open.

Even over on Inspection News and The Inspectors Journal you see very little badgering and bashing. Sure it rears it’s ugly head from time to time but after a dozen or so post it is forgotten by most. The owners of those sites moderate the threads pretty good, as many already know.

Thats because ASHI is a credible association with bylaws, voting rights, policies, proctored tests, a responsible professional and ethical ESOP committee See the difference? They also don’t discuss ESOP matter in an open forum, and memebers can appeal ESOP decisions. See the difference? There are a lot more reasons but I am trying to keep it simple JUST FOR YOU! :mrgreen: