ASHI Fallout Revives Forum

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Deleted

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Guest

Joe,

You are a smart guy. A truly wise person would recognize Mike and Kurt for who they are and what they try to do. The truth is that all posters to hte NACHI forum do submit to censorship, they just never bothered to read the forum agreement. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the NACHI forum agreement form include a passage that goes something like:

"You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit." Did this sound reasonable enough to suck you in? Have Chirs and Nick made your mind up for you?

NACHI has Chris and Nick protecting your right to free speech, ASHI has Kurt and others, TIJ has Mike and some others. Americans have the Supreme Court and some others. Is this news?

Mike and Kurt are too big to respond to personal attacks here, and they're too big to need me to do it for them. I specifically registered as a user this afternoon, after a couple of weeks of lurking, because I could not let go unchallenged the characterizations you and others have made. The truth is both men and the forums they moderate will be thriving long after the nation's home inspectors have forgotten you and probably NACHI too. Don't take my word for it, surf on over, check them out, and see for yourselves.

Please feel free to add this witty, foreign language salutory to your lexicon:

Pog Mo Thoin,

Jim Morrison, HHIC
AMHI
Lancaster, MA

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Hey Jim,

While you're at it... kiss mine too. Dont like NACHI's board? Dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. But then again, you were "lurking" for some time now. So what's the fuss about? Why were you merely a lurker rather than a participant. Now you suddenly decide to join after the famous Kurt was mentioned...

Mike and Kurt, and whover else wants to join our board are welcome. We dont censor or moderate as a general rule. Folks pretty much post whatever's on their minds.

Our agreement for this board gives the webmaster and others the right to moderate. The question is, have they ever done so? To my knowledge, the answer is "no". But the larger question is why someone such as yourself bother to point out what NACHI has included as verbiage on its own site?

By the way, I love the initials next to your name. Is DH in your credentials, as well?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Joe you beat me to the punch again.

I will just say dittos to your post, and that these know it all ASHI icon_evil.gif elite like to come over here and tell us how to do things. I guess heavy handedness is just their nature.

HHIC= Heavy Handed Inspection Company
AMHI= Another Masochistic Home Inspector

Blaine

Originally Posted By: psabados

Closet Lurker aka DH

Halloween is over. Go back to the closet for another year

Paul

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

in their local home inspection market. NACHI uses its to promote its members rather than using its member's to promote NACHI. Your “forgotten” comment indicates your foreignness to this concept.

Originally Posted By: rray

I thought Jim Morrison was dead. Didn’t he die of a drug overdose back in 1972 or so?

Hmmm. Maybe he’s “breaking through from the other side.”

Break on through

You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day
Tried to run
Tried to hide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side, yeah
We chased our pleasures here
Dug our treasures there
But can you still recall
The time we cried
Yeah!
C'mon, yeah
Everybody loves my baby
Everybody loves my baby
She get
She get
She get
She get high
I found an island in your arms
Country in your eyes
Arms that chain us
Eyes that lie
Break on through, oww!
Oh, yeah!
Made the scene
Week to week
Day to day
Hour to hour
The gate is straight
Deep and wide
Break on through X4
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Russ,

I think you better switch back to Cuervo. Whatever you're doing tonight, well......

Nick,

Eloquently stated, matter of fact, and to the point. A$$hi has a huge presence in my area, and I am resisting them precisely because of their "we are the only organization that has a right to determine what goes on in the home inspection industry" attitude. I will continue to push NACHI in this area as I build my business, rather than join Darth Vader and the evil empire. icon_evil.gif icon_twisted.gif I have emailed all of my friends who are home inspectors, and encouraged them to join us!

Blaine nachi_nachi.gif

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Guys,

Mike is not an SOB, and Jim M. is okay. Mike and I, and Jim and I, have all agreed with each other on occasion (more than once) as the posts and information fit our positions.

There has been, is, and will be, disagreements between all of us over time.

My complaint about Mike was that, like Kurt M (moderator at the ASHI forum), will say and complain about another person who does just what Mike does, except that it is okay when Mike does it.

That, and only that, is my complaint with Mike. He is bright, knowledgeable, and has very good information in his posts.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: tgardner

All I can say is Doors man, Doors.

tg

Originally Posted By: gbell

I think ND would be a better fit.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Guest

My Brothers,

I am overwhelmed by the generous welcome- Thanks! What I really meant to say with my original post is this:

Unmoderated forums peopled with intelligent inspectors who tolerate ALL points of view are the only way to go.

Vive Los Nachos!

Jim

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Jim,

I am somewhat of a loss as to why you posted here, however as you are a knowledgeable and highly experienced inspector who has taken the time to look at Nachi (although you seem not to be able to spell it icon_wink.gif ) I would like to invite you as my guest to the New England Chapter meeting on Nov 20th please see the following link:

http://www.nachi.org/newenglandchapter.htm

This event like all other nachi backed events is open to members of all organizations and those looking to enter the business

I hope this offer is accepted with the same generosity of spirit that defines Nachi members.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Jim:

Gerry is right. Our "Doors" are always open. I know your sick of the "Doors" jokes but I just couldn't help myself. icon_smile.gif

Nick

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick,

I am truly impressed by that well thought out and informative post you placed earlier stating the true meaning of this association. Nachi is here to market the inspector, not the inspector to market the association! icon_biggrin.gif

ASHI may have been around longer but NACHI certainly does everything better! icon_cool.gif

Joe Myers

Thanks Joe:

Once in a blue moon I come up with a good post.

Nick