Ashi & Nahi Inspector's What...

I think that’s what he’s doing right here, and the members are asking for additional information with regard to size and configuration of the property which is what I’d do if you call me on the phone.

Ken;

As you can tell, additional information is needed regarding size, configuration and use of a subject multi-unit complex to generate actual quotes.

In Laguna Beach, CA for example I might be called to inspect a 30 unit apartment complex with all studios and or 1 bedrooms with radiant ceiling heat and slab foundation . The next job might be a 10 unit mixed use complex with 4 lower level subterranean commercial units, (3) three bed, 2.5 bath residential units and (3) two bed, 2.0 bath residential units and no covered parking, total square footage of 20,000’sf.

Point is, I don’t do cookie cutter pricing. I prefer to have the client tell everything about the property and have the agent email me the MLS listing sheet. Then I work up a firm quote that I can stick with.

Which type of inspection was that RR. Ken

The reason I asked this question is because I checked a local inspector’s site for prices and he charges $80 per unit. It did not make sense to me, that he could make any money at that price. 4 x everything to check.

To be honest, I did not know the right questions to ask, in order to conduct a pole. That’s why a couple of days ago, I suggested that somebody that knows what to ask, should conduct a poll. I was not trying to be vague. Just dumb. Thanks, NEK

In KC, many NACHI, ASHI & NAHI inspectors do multi-family for a base + so much p/unit. The ones I see doing a lot of multi-family may charge around $60-$70 p/unit plus base fee for 12 & up units.

Which type of inspection was what?

The last apartment complex I did was a WALK inspection that cost the Client $799.

From August 1, 2005, throught December 31, 2006, I did BASIC inspections on apartment complexes.
From January 1, 2004, through July 31, 2005, I did STANDARD inspections on apartment complexes.
From October 15, 2001, through December 31, 2003, I did one-inspection-fits-all inspections on apartment complexes.

Possibly. It depends on the square footage. Most apartment complexes around here have wall heaters, which don’t take long to inspect at all, and no dishwasher or disposal. It doesn’t take long to inspect a dishwasher or disposal that doesn’t exist.