ASHI refuses to resolve complaints about their own.

Originally Posted By: dharris
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If nachi gets a complaint on me what are you going to do??

Try me and convict me, with out allowing me to have my position posted on this public forum like the other guy on the, I resolved a complaint for a non nachi member subjectGranted return of inspection fee may have been a good resolution but there was only one side of the story posted.

If i'm harry home buyer reading this post , my thought may be what the heck complain , and nick that great guy at nachi will get me a refund for my inspection fee, then I can buy those new window coverings

Originally Posted By: dbowers

at the siding, trim, eaves, soffit, etc. It was at all floors and at all sides of the house. About 2 weeks later the out of town buyer calls and tells me the seller has refused to do any repairs, because the individual pieces of damaged wood were not marked or identified (the seller wasn’t going to just let a contractor come out CARTE-BLANCHE and start repairing or replaced damaged wood). According to the BUYER, his realestator told him we were negligent for not putting stickers on the damaged wood. BOTH FLOORS & ALL 4 SIDES OF THE HOUSE.

He then told me he'd paid someone $300 to go out and put stickers on the damaged areas. He wanted us to pay for it. We politely declined.

He started writing letters to the Real Estate Board, the BBB, ASHI and anyone that would give him a sympathetic ear. I went ballistic and had my attorney send a letter of intent to file a lawsuit for ......... against him and the agent. Things changed in a hurry!

Where do you think any of us would be if our friendly neighborhood inspectors association started encouraging this kind of whiny baby to keep whining because he thought they'd do something for him they have no authority to do - besides that the friendly association would open themselves up for litigation from hotheads.

[/b]

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Nearly all consumer complaints against home inspectors are baseless. Most consumers confuse Inspections with Insurance as they both start with the letter “I”.

I don't know what other associations do. That is what I was asking.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.