ASHI totally eliminates their Director of Education position. Angela gets wacked.

Raymond

Not bad logic but your logic is off on some points

Yes, Nick in some respects a one man show with the backing of 10,000 that could forget to send in their check next year

Just like sending $$ to your church – If you do not get back what you plant you find another field

One answer to one posting pays for one year of membership

One inspection from the NACHI find an inspector system pays for the membership (I have not gotten one yet this year)

I could go on but me thinks it would be like talking to a dead rock

I hope you can say the same about ASHI and if so you might get some new members from over here

rlb

Ray??? con??? please.

Kind of a silly thing to say following a week where nearly the entire state of Tennessee, due to fulfill their state CEs (licensing been in effect for almost 2 years) all took InterNACHI’s online courses for approved state CE purposes over 3,000 times, online at nachi.org, and for free.

http://www.nachi.org/tnconted2008.htm

I don’t think you’ll find many who agree with you in TN this week.

What are you saying? InterNACHI pulled a “con” on them all and conned them all into keeping their State licenses for free?

Some con.

???

And furthermore, 2 of our free, online courses offered and needed by licensed inspectors to renew their state licenses are open and free to ALL inspectors http://www.nachi.org/tnconted2008.htm

Quite a few ASHI inspectors in Tennessee kept their state licenses thanks to InterNACHI this week.

Were they also victims of a con?.. a secret agenda to trick inspectors into paying InterNACHI nothing?

Why? Is there some doubt in your mind as to where anything residual ends up? Business is business, and it’s pretty clear who the owner is. Who the F cares if a guy ends up with a ga-zillion dollars if he otherwise provides the members of his association with everything they want or need?

It’s during such occasions, Dan, where you have to ask yourself, “Who’s smarter than who”? I can’t help but to think that you’re just a jealous and bitter man who wasn’t quite smart enough to be successful.

Marc, Our 990’s are signed by a CPA and posted on this website every year for all to see. www.nachi.org/nachitax.htm I am an unpaid, uncompensated volunteer.

Doesn’t matter a hill of beans to me. I just enjoy the interaction and the electrical pictures posted. A thinking man knows how you earn you pay, and between you and me, I have no problem with it. You’re sort of an idol, from a business, sales, and marketing standpoint.

Marc writes:

I agree with you on your assessment of Dan Harris, however I believe it should be “Who’s smarter than whom?” but ask Blaine Wiley, he’s the one with the Masters degree in English. :smiley:

Marc, I have my hand in plenty of cookie jars, but InterNACHI isn’t one of them… InterNACHI couldn’t afford me or most of the volunteers here, and InterNACHI sure as heck couldn’t afford Chris at market prices :cool: .

Right!

You’re smarter than that.

InterNACHI is more or less the gateway to the garden of cookie jars. You owe no one an apology for that.

(need we continue this?)

Dan only has one channel.

Good theory, but lets look at all InterNACHI’s sister, inspection-related enterprises for a second.

IAC2, free for InterNACHI members, so much for that theory.
InspectorPages.com owned by Chris, free for InterNACHI members, so much for that theory.
Reports, Inc., free services for InterNACHI members, so much for that theory.
MoveInCertified.com, free for InterNACHI members.
InspectorBOOST.com, sold at cost to InterNACHI members.
OVerSeeIt.com, free for InterNACHI members.
FetchReport, free for InterNACHI members.
ShowSmiles, free use by InterNACHI.
NACHI.TV, mostly free to all.
And the others that I have a hand in, I use that hand to help InterNACHI members covertly. None make any money.

Hm… hey I know where… InterNACHI with its websites and millions of hits gets side income from all its advertising and banner ads!.. oops, I forgot. Despite millions of hits that could generate about a million a year in advertising revenue, InterNACHI doesn’t sell banner ads. In fact, it doesn’t take advertising money at all and never did. So much for that theory.

Good try though, I can’t knock you for that.

Wait, wait… I thought of one more theory. The hundreds of vendors in www.InspectorMALL.com pay for those free promotions, Nick gets a cut.

Nope. Ask them all. Not one every paid me or InterNACHI a penny. So much for that theory.

So …
You have;

1. Set up the largest Home Inspectors Association in the United States. {InterNACHI.}

2. InterNACHI is the only association with an entrance examination.

3. InterNACHI has the toughest entrance requirements in the nation.
    {This entrance examination is also offered as a “Proctored Exam” to Licensed States in community colleges FREE of charge.}

4. InterNACHI has an Standards of Practice that is the most widely used in the nation.

5. You have set up a bulleting board where any and all technical questions are answered by some of the most technically proficient inspectors in the nation. {For Free.}

6. You have set up a bulletin board where Code Questions are answered by both current and retired Code Officials {For Free}

7. You have all of your inspectors listed on FREE Internet links & Web pages.

8. You have just offered FREE insurance to all of your members.

9. You have NACHI’s tax returns available for the entire world to see!
    {What other Home Inspector’s Association does this?}

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on …

YUP… Ol Nick has a lot to be ashamed about! :roll:

PS:
The only thing that I do not like about NACHI is that “You” let these non members come into our “House” and trash us out!

Try doing that on the ASHI BB!

*]NO other BB in the Nation would put up with this garbage! :twisted:

I can see why D&R are so bitter and yet they are blinded by their ignorance and stupidity. Please stay with ASHI and you can both be captains of the sinking ship

Perhaps one should look at what Angela has done and can do for our profession. If she becomes a part of INACHI we should not set her up to fail.

At one time slaves maned ships of war - now payed and educated men and women.

How a ship is consturcted helps to keep her from sinking in a storm

These are stormy times some ships will sink -

Right now I would not be on the USS ASHI staff

Times change

And on the subject of $$ and where it goes — Remember this is the USA and many things can be private. People who pay for my services do not see my tax return or P&L statement.

How NACHI staff (payed or not) get ALL their $$ is private

rlb

And judging from the sheer quality and volume of work they do, they earn every penny. “Don’t listen or engage a fool in debate, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” Anyone wasting their breath and time engaging the little prcks that come here to get their 10 seconds of recognition only encourage them. It is amazingly quiet when you put them on ignore. When every argument is slapped down or knocked over the fence they just come back with more childish accusations or have to revert to bringing up ancient crap that has been covered and explained a hundred and one times. Like Magpies they are all mouth and full of s**.

Sometimes we are to teach the fools and sometimes we are the fools that must be taught

rlb

Good luck with that.

It is worthy to note that, before they ever rejected NACHI, NACHI first rejected them.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.:wink:

Raymond, you are hopeless. My education did give me one thing, being able to think for myself, and fortunately you and your like kind haven’t, as yet, come up with a way to license that!

I have looked at and researched ALL HI associations, and with clear LOGIC, was not hard to determine which association has the better gig going.
One man organization? Seems to work!! I would rather have a one man show who has a vision and the ability to do so, than 10 whose IQ has not yet reached room temperature.
ASHI may work for you, but not for me.
Maybe a national real estate association can buy them out. They have always wanted to be in the HI business. Now that would be a real HOOT!!!

What a marketing ploy that coud be!!!

We sell it, you buy it, we inspect it.
All inspectons guranteed to pass!!
This is an ASHI dream come true!