Atomic Solution For Gulf Oil Leak

I called and talked to someone at Horizon and told them I know how to stop it for less than $1000 and the tools they already have onsite. The smart *** said what are you going to do, use cotton balls? All of those experts are makiong too much money to be in a hurry to stop the leak! JMHO

This is not about stopping the leak, unless it includes re-activating the well in one form or another.

Russia contacted the US when this started and stated that the leak could not be stopped by conventional means. They had two similar incidents with offshore rigs failing. They have stated that nothing else will work. To date, their predictions are accurate.

Their solution was a small thermonuclear device detonated adjacent to the well head. The heat fused the rock, and made it fairly impermeable to any future drilling.

This is about the WELL. It is not about the coast, the ocean, the animals, or the millions it may effect. A nuke will make thinks NON-WORKABLE for future drilling endeavors.

This is about MONEY.

Does anyone find it odd that some of the smartest folks in the world have offered solutions that BP and the US has failed to try?

The law someonw quoted as preventing foreign assistance dates back to 1923, and has been waived by a sitting US President at least once within the past 20 years.

Why not now? Its about saving the WELL.

Hyundai has been contracted to build the replacement platorm to replace Deep Horizon. Any wonder?

Yep. There is a law on the books that was created in the 1920s. This law has been waived by several previous presidents for national security reasons. Our president chose not to do that, but instead enforce the letter of that law to our detriment.

You ask what that law is? It’s a union protectionist law that states that all ships and persons “working” within US territorial waters must be manufactured and staffed from the US.

It’s more important for O, to scratch the union’s back than it is to get a serious problem solved. Just like when he put on the moratorium on drilling. It was more important to him, to damage the economy, and exasperate the problem than it is for him to worry about the 40,000 jobs he killed by that decision.

Some people on the Dem side are starting to see what an incompetent they put into office. I hope the light bulb goes on for the rest of the country soon.

This is not about saving the well.

Where did you get such an idea?

If this well keeps leaking for several more months, then we may have
issues that we cannot even imagine at this time. It is almost unthinkable.
We could have oil slicks all the way up to NY.

Ixtoc was bigger and went longer in the '70s

Funny thing is I don’t even remember ever hearing about it until now.

Largest oil spills

The inaction is about the money. The inaction is about saving the well.

What do you think its about, Mike?.
What is it EVER about?

Considering that BP just agreed yesterday to set up a $22B escrow account to pay claims, it seems very logical that their best financial bet is to get the leak stopped. $22B is an entire years profit for the entire company. They are much better off loosing the opportunity of a single drill site than having to continue that amount of payout. On this though, I will freely admit that I don’t have all the information. But from what I do know, this seems likely to me.

I would remind you that Ixtoc took 10 months to cap it off.

This is no easy task. The charge of inaction rests with the current administration. They have been clueless since it started. They have refused numerous offers of assistance from other counties.

BP may have mismanaged the events leading up to the blowout but now it appears that the MMS(Federal Agency) rubber stamped engineering changes in the operating plan and procedures.

This will all be adjudicated eventually and blame assigned.

No one has been able to explain why the gensets oversped and likely started the fire that sunk the rig and killed 11 men.

I know enough about gensets to understand that working air doors would have prevented the overspeed. Something went terribly wrong.

BP has little incentive to let it spew as the fines are $4300 per barrel spilled.

They have been drilling two intercept relief wells since shortly after the incident.

Sure BP wants to save money but the crys that they haven’t done all they could since the blow out don’t line up with the facts.

Nick recently wondered if anyone was buying BP stock.

IMHO they will be lucky if the company survives.

They may have to spin off US assets and reform just to save the company.

BTW-Obama’s moratorium on deep water drilling makes as much sense as closing the barn doors after the cows have left.

Others oil companies will move operations outside our territorial waters and continue drilling. Can you say China?

Also his shaking them down for a $20 Billion slush fund(with no authority) controlled by some 3rd party entity smells like dead fish.