Attention all members. A letter from NACHI member Greg Heidepriem's wife and children

Here is to a swift and complete recovery.

God will take care of you.

You are in my prayers.

Just a quick note again today to let you know that as everyday, my children and I are thinking of you and praying for you as we have our family worship. We have been through something very similar, and every one of us from the youngest to the oldest can relate to the stress your family is going through and will be facing in the future.

More than anything I’d like to say, pull together, pull together, pull together.
The events of the near future will strive to pull you apart and will pull you in many different directions.

You will have rehab that will start early in the morning and take you late into the evening. While the family will be involved, life goes on so don’t let these things come between you.

Don’t let the fact that life moves on without you make you feel any less a part of this family. You are still the head of this family and they can’t do it without you, nor would they want to.

You will be tempted to feel that you are no longer needed. Do not indulge this feeling. This will never be true. Remember, your children will always need a father, and your wife will always need a husband.

Be grateful that you will be there for all those special moments, to walk a daughter down an aisle, ball games, college grad. You are the cornerstone that holds the family together.

So on the days that you are struggling with that impossible PT assignment, fight discouragement, and realize that it brings you that much closer to home, and to the blessing of that second chance.

Get well soon.

Greg,
It must be the weather here in Ohio… I myself had a mini T/A the Saturday of memorial day weekend. I hope you are as lucky as I was and not have to stay more than the week and a half as I did. Keep the faith and do what your doctors tells you to do. As of today, I only have a slight paralysis around the corner of my mouth. You can see it more when I talk. With time the doctors told me that my short term memory will get better. I am still fighting to gain back my energy back. We both did not do any favors to our health by not going to the hospital at the first signs of problems. Please let me know if there is any thing I can do to help you or the family out. Tip to all others. If for any reasons that you feel that something is not right, get it checked out KNOW. In the long run you will be glad you did. I found out that the aorta valve in my heart has a small leak that I will have to have repaired in the very near future. My doctor told me that I am 50 years old and my energizer battery is running out of charge so I better slow down before I have a total discharge. :shock:

Greg,
May God Bless you and your family in this time of need. The Stufflebeem family wish you a safe, speedy, full recovery and you are in our prayers.
Randy

Since Greg was the only one working the family is in desparate need of survival funds. If anyone is interested in donating to them in this time of need please mail to:

Greg & Deb Heidepriem
C-267 CR16A
New Bavaria, OH 43548

They also have a paypal account set up. If you would like to paypal a donation, please go to www.paypal.com and go to the link “send money”. Greg’s paypal email address is gheidepriem@yahoo.com.

You can also send $$ direct to NACHI and we will forward it over to the family. Thanks for all the support :smiley:

I think Richard has been working on a fund for this type of situation. Hopefully it is in place.

Debbie and Greg, I am going to donate 10% of the proceeds from the NACHI cookbook to help support your family. Hopefully I can help raise some money to help pull you guys through. I’ll work harder to get it finished okay, I promise.
There are several other ways that I can get fundraisers going so I’ll keep you updated as to what I get going. If you don’t happen to read this, I’ll send it to your email as well.

God bless you guys!

Wendy

Hi everyone,

I can not thank you all enough for your support, What a GREAT FAMILY we all have in NACHI!!
We just found out yesterday that there is some other problems going on from my stroke, One thing, my chemical stress test did not go so well, they found a problem with the left front area of my heart and they are scheduling me for a heart cath (go to cardiologist Wed.6/27 to schedule). they are doing a Brain scan today to see what else is going on as far as my balance to rule out among other things a slow bleed in the brain!

My short term memory is not the greatest but hopefully will return with therapy & treatment.
I can not say enough how much all the support is helping, The Medicines alone are over $925.00/month and I was the only one doing inspections & teaching, as my wife ran the office and behind scenes!

Thanks again and we will keep everyone updated as best we can.

Remember strokes can happen to anyone at any age, Please be careful & keep up with yearly doctor visits!

Here is an update which I posted on Lisa Endza’s original thread (Greg Heidepriem Donations) also!

I found out Thursday they are admitting me back to St.Rita’s Med Center on Thursday 7-5-07 to the cardiac unit as they are doing a scope to look at my heart to see if there may be a hole in it that is causing clots. My chemical stress test they did last Friday showed a problem with the left front area of my heart (it is not pumping as good as the right) and they need to do a heart cathe but, they can not do it for 2 months after having a stroke or it may cause a bleed out in the brain or elsewhere.
They did put me on an extended release Nitro pill that is suppose to keep my heart beating normally until they can do the cahtherization.
So for now all I can say is we are taking one day at a time and I have about 7 or 8 doctors and 3 therapist working hard to help me make a full recovery!!

Thanks to you all and God Bless each of you and your families!! Please remember to go to the doctor at the first sign of a problem and get those yearly checkups because you never know!!

Best Regards,
Greg, Deb & Kids

Greg, there is a program available here in Washington State that allows us to sign up for free medications and it’s sponsored by the drug companies, not the state. Is it possible that there is anything like that there?

I’ll email the rest as it’s too long to post here unless someone else needs the information also in which case they can pm me and I’ll email them the information.

God bless you and Deb and kids!

Jacob, Matt and Ashley say Hi!!!
We’re going to do a picture to send to you guys soon!