Attic Ventilation

USG Acoustic Textured Finish
Gold Bond made a similar product.

They still do. Used in Motels and Hotels all over to spray the concrete plank ceilings.

We used to mix in some white latex paint with the mixture so it would stay whiter when dry.

Worked best on primed ceilings. :slight_smile:

We just called it texture spray but when we did the level coat we called it Stuck oo.:lol::lol::lol:
You are right about the primer many schools had failing stucco or texture spray ceilings because of the way it was prepared for spraying.

It was called “Stipple” ceiling when I was doing it in the 80’s. Nowadays, everyone wants the sh!t taken off.

Stipple, Stucco, Popcorn, Sound deadening s h i t. Hide Imperfections crap and Texture Spray.

Most common around here is now knock down. Spray on mud and knock it down with a trowel. I sprayed pretty much every kind of texture. It was really good money till everyone and there dog got a sprayer. I even did a celluose spray for awhile. Looked like big lumps of c rap on the ceiling but some loved it. By the way, I have heard some guys refering to spanish texture as stucco but its pretty uncommon.

M, remember that he was at an attic hatch. When they spray texture and paint the ceilings in Port St. Lucie, FL there often times is no hatch there yet.