Avg houses inspected in a week

This one one of the best things I learned from Roy.

3 Likes

It’s sir Roy to you inspector Joseph.

2 Likes

aka…Mr. SOAK’EM! :joy:

2 Likes

Soak the crap out of them.
It is always made my bottom line go higher. Yes!

2 Likes

Yup that’s the way to do it. I can make four figures per inspection with additional ancillary services. It’s all about sales,sales,sales. I’d rather do that than bust my hump and knock out 3 inspections a day.

2 Likes

Matthew, It will start slow but I do one a day including Sundays if needed. I schedule everything in the afternoon. Then if a emergency or one of my favorite realtors needs one fast I do those in the morning. Two a days are tough sometimes. The most I ever did was four in one day. Was I tired; well when I got home I got half way across the living room when there was a knock at the front door. I opened it and it was my ass, it was dragging that far behind me

You made me laugh out loud now the wife is looking at me like I’m nuts.

Mike, I learned out of all this, that I do is to have a sense of humor. When I deliver my report to the client, I call it show time. I go over my pictures and report and I use not only simple terms so as not to confuse them trying to figure out those laymen’s terms but I inject some humor into my narrative. My first joke is when they sign my contract for the inspection report and they hand the pen back to me I tell them that they get to keep the pen now it’s their $400 dollar pen. My favorite line is when I checked out the gas furnace, I used a gas sniffer on the line joints, “So I sniffed your pipes-Have you ever had someone say that to you” A little humor makes them relax and enjoy the report and they will remember you. I get referrals all the time. Do a good job and have fun.
When I sign my emails, I always sign Inspectfully Yours, they remember that also.

Inspectfully,
Dennis

My honest average is way lower than what these guys are saying. I have been inspecting for 15 months. My first summer cost me money. This summer I worked every single day, but I find report writing is still a multiple hour job. Not sure where you live, but if you have to factor in travel like me, there is no way I could inspect more than one home per day.
With the recent weather change to snowy roads, I’m getting one inspection a week. The whole market in my area is slow now. I’m happy with this because I’m also a production potter and its my season to sell and make.
I used to be residential and industrial carpenter and that is what I promote to realtors. The one lesson I have learnt is unless I meet a realtor face to face, they will never use me. I marketed my face off my first summer without gains and the second season I literally went door to door to introduce myself to realtors ( and gave each one a pottery mug) Not fun. Really not fun, but it worked.
I’m now saving to buy more computer stuff to try and lower the time I spend on my reports.
Hope this honest reply helps

3 Likes