Backflow Preventor AND Pressure Reducing Valve???

Inspecting a boiler today and saw a pressure reducing valve, but did not see a backflow preventor. The pressure reducing valve had an arrow on the bottom pointing one direction, making me think that this was a combo device. Can you all look at the pic and help me out with this one?


Terry Lorenz
Gallatin Valley Home Inspections, Inc.
Bozeman, Montana


Never seen a combo device such as that…any numbers or names on it besides something that reminds me of mexican food? :wink:

The arrow is always present on PRV valves…otherwise they won’t work properly…

As for it being a backflow device as well…not sure, but some numbers and manufacturer symbols might help…