Bad Home Inspector In The News - Springfield, MO

Get on KY3 news in Springfield, Missouri either 10/23 or 10/24 and see the special about a BAD home inspector that cost people a lot of $$$$

‎The funny part of the story was not even published.

The bad home inspector does not seem to belong to anything. Uses a 4 page report; advertises hes a builder; and his wife is puportedly a licensed Coldwell Banker real estate agent that has gotten clients burned several times before by shuffling buyers to hubbie / home inspector.

Amazing how this got turned into - “WE need to license home inspectors, instead of better regulation or ethics for a licensed agent, builders, OR a law requiring state mandated FULL DISCLOSURE by sellers, etc”.

Man talk about an ethics violation. Let me guess she plea bargained her errors in lieu of supporting licensure over losing her license to sell real estate, and is now publicly pushing licensure. :roll:

Man these real estate agent issues are coming out of the woodwork, like roaches in the dark, turn on the light and watch them scurry

I suggest someone contact that TV station and set them straight, and let them know of legal ramifications. They will back off. Or, make the station tell the other side, the right side of the story.

So is this how the Kansas licensure law got started?

“his wife is puportedly a licensed Coldwell Banker real estate agent that has gotten clients burned several times before by shuffling buyers to hubbie / home inspector.”

GUYS! Wake up! This practice is much more previlant than you know. I know of several Agents doing the same thing, and they do it because it helps insure there payday and often goes undicovered. Besides who’s going to punish them, The Board of Realtors.

That is why the RE here in Kansas, and under the Kansas bill are exempt from the new Kansas laws. As I said in previous theads, and to Nick, the Kansas bill WILL allow RE to do home inspections; at least, most of the important parts of the inspection. Up to three areas. You can have one RE do some areas, and other RE doing others. Could happen.

I have an friend up here who is studying to be a commercial real estate agent and his wife is studying to be a residential agent. His plans were to also provide/perform Home Inspections. Needless to say I had to sit down and have a long talk on why this was not a good idea. Stubborn fellow, he didn’t look convinced. I had to leave him with a warning on the consequences.

Realtors,builders,many inside-system waterdiverters…can`t see past the MONEY

so are you going to step up?

KCMO 710 Talk radio Saturday 2:00 P.M.