Bailout Bill? What's being "bailed out".

Just a partial list of the various “earmarks” attached to the Senate version of the so-called “bail out bill”.

Enjoy, but call your congessional reps and SCREAM BLOODY MURDER first.

http://www.taxpayer.net/resources.php?category=&type=Project&proj_id=1429&action=Headlines%20By%20TCS

So, the $700 Bil bill is now an $850 Bil bill, with added sweetners for the folks back home.

Let’s just vote all of congress out.

McCain absolutely muffed this one and likely ruined his chances of being elected.

All he had to do was oppose the bailout because of the pork in the bill.
He didn’t and it’s his loss.

And Obama did the same thing. This is the same Obama who had, in the house version, squirrled away about 100 Mil for groups like ACORN and LaRaza.

In any case, the public reaction against the bill is running at (last time I checked (300 to 1).

Well, at least there’s an earmark to help defray the cost of children’s wooden arrows. We certainly need more wooden arrows for our children.
:roll:

1. **Sec. 503. Exemption from excise tax for certain wooden arrows designed for use by children

Current law places an excise tax of 39 cents on the first sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of any shaft of a type used to produce certain types of arrows. This proposal would exempt from the excise tax any shaft consisting of all natural wood with no laminations or artificial means to enhance the spine of the shaft used in the manufacture of an arrow that measures 5/16 of an inch or less and is unsuited for use with a bow with a peak draw weight of 30 pounds or more. The proposal is effective for shafts first sold after the date of enactment. The estimated cost of the proposal is $2 million over ten years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation.
The Oregon senators were the initial sponsors of the provisions. According to Bloomberg News, the provision would be worth $200,000 to Rose City Archery in Myrtle Point, Oregon.

It appears the people’s voice doesn’t matter anymore, the politocs are running scared which means this pork-laden bill is destined to go forward regardless of what the people want. All we can do in response is to vote out those who vote in favor of this bill. Yesterday our Florida Senators split, but the Republican took the bait.

Melendez R - Yes
Nelson D - No

I have little respect for McCain and none for Obama. I would hope that Sarah, who I really do like, would explain her differences with McCain and pull out of the race. She doesn’t need to be subjected to this–the media ridicule, the back room politics that she doesn’t seem to embrace–at least not yet. Maybe if she were to spend more time in Washington she might end up like the rest of the gutter-bums who claim to “work for you” when behind the scenes they are stealing, bribing, pilaging, pilfering, and any other dishonest act they can get away with. But she seems to be genuinely interested in her constituents and takes pride in her efforts to protect her State. I would hate to see her behave like any and all other Washington politicals. But I am completely fed-up with those thieves who have created such a run-down economy, then have held the economy hostage just so they can line their pockets with the fruits of our labors.

Palin needs to disagree with McCain tonight to retain any credibility.

If she doesn’t, conservatives will loose hope that she would have an influence on a McCain presidency.

Does anybody out there know where I could find a desert island, say, in the South Pacific where I could lay on the white sandy beach, fish pristine streams, climb mountains, and in general, silently scream–screw Washington?

And, Gee!

Did you notice that there have been no actual “bank failures” (at least in the U.S.).

IndyMac was taken over by the FDIC and its doors are open and no one lost a cent (above the $100K limit).

WaMu was bought by Bank of America.

Waucovia was bought bt CitiBank.

Some crisis, eh?

Oh, BTW:

All those “bad loans” were put together or bought by Fanny and Freddie, which the government now owns.

So why are they passing a bill to “bail out” the banks when they already own the companies who produced all the bad paper?

Maybe to bail themselves out, as well as to provide cover for their own incompitence.

As financial experts, Congress ain’t too swift, are they?

Can I come with please?

I think you meant $Bil bill. :neutral:
You must allow enough for the Rum, I think we’re all going to need it. :mrgreen:

Absolutely. You can even bring Joey, if you like.

P.S. Our wives can come, too.

Well we should have someone good with a gun for security I suppose.:wink:

Quite correct, Chris. My typo. Corrected.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus-Judge/Thumbs/DSC00288.jpg
The “Judge” .45/410 also uses .45 Colt ammo. :mrgreen:

You’re supposed to put the bullets*** in*** the gun…

And can that thing fire off 37 bullets without reloading like in the cowboy movies??

That’s fine for close up work but I was thinking a long range weapon maybe be in order on an island.:mrgreen:

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/2E8E470F-B782-4FAA-A258-F76ABE8D7CC8/0/SniperRifle2.jpg

Looks good, but if I could only choose one gun it would be an AK-47

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/images/0501.jpg

“AK-47 When you absolutely, positively got to kill every M-er F-er in the room, accept no substitutes!” - Samuel L. Jackson, Pulp Fiction :smiley:

Agreed!

His entire campaign was based upon putting washington on a “Pork Free” Diet. He’s already failed and isn’t even in office yet.

We’re screwed…