Basic Electrical Calculations-Tom Henry

I dont believe so Joe, the basic principles of Ohms Law, Watts Law and so on have remained the same. Granted I am on a curve here because I am only 36 years old…so I can really only comment back to 1988 when I started in this profession.

The only reason I got into teaching it back then was because I represented VA in the VICA championships in CA and took first place out of 2,000 contestants…then came back to VA and was offered a teaching job at the local VoTech…and as far as I remember the principles of electrical theory have remained the same.

I will tell you Mr. holts book on electrical theory is what I use with the apprentices…very basic and too the point…always the best case for teaching.

Now we still use watts and in the new electrical diagram wheels for certain things when converting to power calculations.

Hmmm…I may just look at it tonight in my text I use but really the standards of electrical theory have not changed…some of the terminologies may have.

I think the main reason I posted it was not for the complicated things…it was the part about OHMS Law and Residential Calculations and so on that I thought they might find helpful.

Knowledge is a GOLD MINE…

Let’s face it…Electricity is NEAT…it amazes me everyday I am so thankful to work with it everyday…I respect it daily…

So from time to time I may post quizes and charts and so on some may find not very home inspector helpful…but they can make that choice…I think ME and YOU will just keep on posting them…:)…Thats what we do :slight_smile: