Bathroom receptacle?

I know I read this somewhere but I cant seem to find the answer. What is the minimum distance for a GFCI receptacle can be located to a shower or bath?

Here are a couple of pics: Light Switch Near Shower - Electrical Inspections - InterNACHI®️ Forum

There is a better one that I can’t locate right now.

Ok great, thanks a lot Larry, I must have just overlooked that post conversation

It can be located directly at the transition point (or threshold). In Canada (EH) it’s 3’ but in the US we are much more progressive…we let you place it as close as you want too…just not within it.:mrgreen:

That’s some funny stuff right there Paul :wink:

lol…very few get my humor…:wink:

Then I must be special. :wink:

You are indeed special my friend…

So in Canada, would he be “Special, eh”… or “Special Ed”? :mrgreen:

Why do you hate on Canadians Jeff? :wink:

Pride Baby…No Where Like America…:mrgreen:

Paul !
Where you been?
I’ve missed you and your very good info.
Roy Lewis

Moi?

:wink:

Well…I have been busy moving to TX, writing articles and so on…just been getting used to Texas Life…and such.

Glad to have you back…
Don’t be a stranger here. Some of us appreciate you.

You are The :Nationally Recognized Electrical Code Geek…Yep!

Actually Paul it is allowed closer but only if the bathroom is too small where it is not (practical) 19.7 inches.
Rule 26-710 (g)
BTW you are really needed here.

Man thats funny…Encore Wire calls me a Electrical NERD and others call me a GEEK…there is a pattern here. Oh Well, just read my many posts here on the NACHI board and you will see I have been called much WORSE in my time.:mrgreen:

See…they are not progressive at all in Canada…:twisted:

What??..are you guys missing my Electrician/Home Inspector perspective…lol…Or you guys just miss my pretty face.

I’m glad we don’t have to look at you on the MB to gain some of your expertise. LOL