Recently I moved back into a property I own after being overseas for about a year. The property had been rented and unfortunately I had a bad renter whom I had to evict.
On moving back in I found black mold in the master bathroom shower, photos are attached. I’m not sure how long that mold has been there, it looks very dry. They probably just used the shower in the other bathroom after the mold appeared. This property is in a desert area so the air is usually very dry.
First post here so if the image attachment link doesn’t work, here are the URLs:
Is this the infamous stachybotrys black mold?
Can I remove this myself with mold control spray and an appropriate filtering mask.
Regarding masks, I’m considering buying either the 3M Mold and Lead Particle Respirator 6297PA1-A mask which is $24.97, with the DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle $10:
OR the 3M Mold Remediation Respirator Kit 68097 which is $90:
Is the 3M Mold Remediation Respirator Kit 68097 overkill for this job?