After living in my new house for about two years I noticed that there didn’t seem to be any exhaust fan venting.
Upon further investigation I found that was the case. Just a fan unit covered with blown in insulation, black insualation, not pink like the rest of the attic. The sheathing 2 ft above this area was also starting to turn black.
I bought a flexible vent duct and the roof termination for it. Since it was the dead of winter I just routed the flex tube from the fan towards the center of the attic (6ft below sheathing opposed to 2ft) and planned on fininshing it that summer.
Well, you know how plans come and go, that one went. It has been seven NE Ohio summers and winters with no additional mold growth. Maybe this summer I’ll take care of it.