Bathtub Floor Faucet?

Well, Robert, You must not have a bathtub, That is what the bucket is for next to the tub, and also that is the reason for having a window in the bathroom, When you are done with your bath you scoop the water out of the tub and throw it out the window. :upside_down_face:
Just messing with you Robert. :grinning:

2 Likes

Through the drain in the bottom that goes through the floor.

2 Likes

That was how it was done. Then they invented the hairdryer and started all this GFCI nonsense…

4 Likes

Maybe this will help here why it won’t leak.

2 Likes

Nice video Marcel. Install looks so easy on the video :wink:

1 Like

So easy, anyone can do it! :wink:

1 Like

You would think, But maybe not after looking at the OP’s pic. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Like when I built my first home and the neighbor dropped by and said “so that’s all ya got to do is put a stud every 16”. Laughed my ass off for five minutes.

1 Like

I inspected a home with one exactly like that a few months ago, second floor bathroom. Barely bumped my leg against it and it slid. I reported it because it was easy to see it could easily work loose and leak at the drain.

1 Like

I guess they forgot the caulking, Huh!

2 Likes

Great point!
It is plumbing like any other tub BUT if the tub is not plumbed or fastened properly they leak.
I have inspected >< 10 free standing tubes and just as many curb less showers.
Thanks Bob.

Exactly! Home owner special. I figured it could easily get bumped around when empty and overtime! create a leakage issue at the drain.

I think my question was a natural follow up to the previous posts. We actually had a bear claw tub growing up. Cast iron, porcelain coated weighed a ton. House was built in 1912 and the bathroom was a later addition. Plumbing came up out of the floor, all th pipes were exposed beside the tub and the drain probably was the only thing holding it down (sucker didn’t move though).

1 Like

I understood. Sorry if my post inferred you did not, Robert.
Best regards.
Robert

They don’t build 'em like they used to…out of cast iron and heavy.

I agree the old cast iron tubs last forever.

1 Like

Believe it or not my mom would heat up water on the stove and pour it into a round galvanized tub for us to take a bath in when I was little. It was the same tub they used to make soap in…yep…the house had no bathroom…

2 Likes

Same as my grandfather’s house that we grew up in! :grinning:

1 Like

Worse yet Ray was when my father told me that once a week everyone took a bath. They started with mom then dad and so on down the line without changing the water. He was fortunate and the oldest kid. :flushed: …and they only had three brothers and 3 sisters.

So, he and Mom go and have 9 kids!..crap!..at least by then we had plumbing in the house and that tub had a drain and a shower. :grin:

3 Likes

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

3 Likes