Become an InterNACHI Certified Mentor

But this one is free, or actually based on a voluntary program.:roll:

I think I’m already in … Got 3 newbies right now that tag along periodically AND about 6-7 that call, email or send Pics once or more a week asking what it is they’re looking at OR how to write a defect.

I am already in.

So, what’s the liability to the Mentor when an Inspector Snowflake becomes offended, and or ‘frucks something up’? I can almost see it now… “But, Your Honor, I was mentored by a competing Nachi Inspector… and that is what he told me. It’s not my fault he gave me bad information”! :roll:

Zero liability.

My high school math teacher knew less about mathematics than anyone I ever met. :wink:

Teachers and AHJ’s… Zero liability.
Home Inspector’s… Ben Dover and take it!

I am so excited InterNACHI now has this added benefit. New inspectors or even those contemplating becoming an inspector ask me about this frequently. A big thank you to those who have signed up. Two thumbs up!

IMO… based upon the posts on this MB (in other threads) over the last few years in particular… whenever the term “mentor” is mentioned, it is virtually always in regards to doing a “follow along/tag-along” or “on-site training”. I believe most in this thread are simply assuming helping someone on the phone or MB.

If we as a group want to see our profession grow, mentoring is an essential part of it. Some of you may see this as just another merit badge or marketing ploy. I see it as recognition to those already mentoring inspectors, and encouragement for more to do so.
No one is forcing you to put this on your website, so if you don’t like it, ignore it. Others will see it as an opportunity to show a customer that not only am I certified, I am the guy other inspectors come to with questions.

Im in. sign me up

Phil Jackson here,

Looking for a mentor in Madison, WI (or the surrounding area)

Will there be a “Mentor Look Up” available for us at some point?

I’m one anyway without having any designation. I’m ready to talk to any inspector that needs help anytime any day. This I promise.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this industry and have just completed my certification at InterNACHI. I am looking to see if there is anyone willing to mentor me in my area Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. I would be willing to travel up to 100 miles if you are willing to help me. I would like to go along on a couple inspections with someone. You can contact me at randy.snodderly@gmail.com or 717-587-2997. My company name is J Power Property Inspections, LLC. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Here is some help right now. No travel involved.

Go to the top of this page, look for “Control Panel”
Click on it and then click on profile.
Complete the requested info. Location, for example.

Then scroll down to the signature area. Complete your company info, web and phone number. Helps with SEO.

Cheers

Bravo!