Best supplements for 40+yo

I went/go to a licensed Naturopathic Physician, had a complete blood workup done and he helped me see what I was missing…but, it wasn’t much. He said I was in great shape for someone 25 years younger than I am.

But like Lon said:

And I carry-on… :pray:

3 Likes

Just to throw this out there, I switched to fermented vitamins because synthetic vitamins were making me feel like crap. The reversed happened with fermented, I felt much better. I did not do a deep dive but just followed the advice of a friend and it helped. Might be worth it for you to look into it.

Add stretching to your regiment. I had lower back issues from 15 years of carrying bags, ladders and a tool belt. Started stretching and a big percentage of my pain is gone. Don’t forget to drink lots of fluids.

3 Likes

Yep, Tamera. :+1:

Yoga, in our finished basement, works wonders for my bride and me…

3 Likes

Losing weight and being active works a lot better than taking supplements.

1 Like

A couple years ago I changed my whole diet and cut out almost all sugar and carbs. I lost a bunch of weight and have never felt better. All the refined sugar and grains are really crappy for our bodies. I try to avoid seed oils as well. Looking at how cancer rates and heart disease have increased after we started eating a lot of fried foods with crappy Canola oil, etc. is pretty staggering. And don’t expect our government to be onboard anytime soon. The food pyramid is essentially upside-down. I eat lots of meat/fish and vegetables and cook with butter, olive or avocado oil and have super low cholesterol and blood pressure. The one thing I have a hard time giving up is beer. At least I switched to Michelob Ultra from IPA.

2 Likes

I did the same diet and am down an average of 71-73 lbs over the past 16 months. It is a hard diet to stick to, but it does work. I just got back yesterday from 6 weeks deployed for FEMA. You can only eat at Jason’s Deli so many times a week before it gets old.

It also does crazy things to your triglycerides.

2 Likes

My sister-in-law’s brother worked for the San Francisco Orchestra, giving massages and dietary/work-out recommendations. He told my sister-in-law that if she only had time to do one thing, going for a walk or stretching to opt for stretching as the benefits for her body would be greater.

And you believed that hogwash? Your body has receptors for heroin, hydrocodone, methamphetamines, and fentanyl as well, but I wouldn’t recommend any of them.

2 Likes

Coming from a conspiracist chiropractor and not a true MD? Say it ain’t so!! Here’s a shot of bleach to ya Bob for pointing out the hogwash people fall for and believe in… :poop:

1 Like

We’ve ran out of conspiracy theories, they have all come true. Go grab yourselves a lab grown meat burger.

Yeppers…

1 Like

Thank you for admitting some facts, I hope you research your claim about “hogwash”.

Nicotine is addictive, I smoked for years. Nicotine acts as both a stimulant and depressant to the central nervous system. Nicotine first causes a release of the hormone epinephrine, which further stimulates the nervous system and is responsible for part of the “kick” from nicotine-the drug-induced feelings of pleasure and, over time, addiction.

Nicotine has no useful physical properties from consumption other than misleading pleasurable effects to the central nervous system. But, hey, you can have all the hogwash you want.

1 Like

I recommend what this doctor recommends

Also, I get a good energy boost from Liquid IV from costco. Just mix it in your water

1 Like

Beer is the answer to most ailments.

Insomnia? - Drink Beer
Depressed? - Drink Beer
Have Pain? - Drink Beer
Hungover? - Drink Beer
Constipated? - Drink Beer
Boring? - Drink Beer
Pale Skin? - Drink Beer (in the sun).
Can’t Pee? - Drink Beer
Bad Memories? - Drink Beer
Thirst? - Drink Beer
Too Much Energy? - Drink Beer
No Energy? - Drink Beer (and take a nap)
Too Angry? - Drink Beer (but by yourself)
Too Happy? - Drink Beer (and play country music)
Too Much Energy? - Drink Beer

7 Likes

Primal Greens! I fill up my 2 quart thermas with it every day.

3 Likes

I appreciate the manufacturer’s safety seal caps. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This has always worked for me… None better on the planet!

3 Likes