Beyond the SOP

I see package deals (home, termite and radon inspections all thrown together) quite often with some other inspectors. In their minds throwing in thermal would be the same way, but they are missing out. Auxiliary inspections is what makes the money. Just like a restaurant does not make much money off the main course, but makes their real money on appetizers, drinks and desserts.

With my experience and with the IR I strive to be the highest priced inspector in my area by $50 to $100+ per inspection. As for liability not at all if you have the training and the knowledge to back up what you do. Do you jump into the river if you don’t know how to swim.

If you do a H.I. and use your IR for an energy assessment and any thing else and don’t charge more then yes it’s free. But if you use it like CB and others to provide more by doing more and charge more than its not free but it is also not a full scan of the home, there is a difference and you might be hung up on that very thing.
I don’t think using an IR as CB said is an different than using any other tool and it seems most are $300+ or $500+. You are doing a noninvasive inspection and you added a tool to help you do just that, and you charge more for it also, and you stand out from the next Joe. You are not doing any full assessment and not getting paid.

God I feel like those guys on City Slickers explaining about the recorder. :roll::roll:

Paul why don’t you call my last client that is sending my check from the gulf coast and ask him if he feels like my inspection was free

I get your point Ken.

Sure Charlie, what’s his number?