Billing through escrow

Originally Posted By: sbonilla
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am currently a Home Inspector in Bakersfield, Ca and have conducted inspections for several realtors. One specific realtor insisted that i bill my inspections through escrow and so the problems started. I have not been payed for (2) inspections which are (3) months past due and have been informed by one escrow company that it will be another month before i get payed on one of these inspections. Is there anyway to collect on these inspections instead of having to wait for escrow to close?. Any suggestions would be helpfull, not including not to agree to no bill through escrow. Thanks.

SETH ![icon_mad.gif](upload://j9pysYkUDeHxjgaVCpqL5B8x4z3.gif)

Originally Posted By: cmccann

I had the same problem once. I told them they had until Dec 1st to mail the check or I was sending it to my collections department(I don’t have one). Got a check 5 days later. Never again will I do that. Good luck,

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Seth,

We discussed this topic last month. Take a look at the two threads below. It may give you more insight as to weather or not you want to do this.

I take cash or check. Nothing but.

![](upload://me4MtRe3nGBGET8vgZY42XGj9kl.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Don’t think for one minute your being nice to your brand new realtor. They have the experience of screwing other inspectors and your next on their list.

Good Luck,

Jay