Black braided covering?

Can anyone tell me what kind of wire (center of picture, the wire itself looks silver and has a black braided covering) this is?


Looks like tinned copper

Yep, tinned copper, cloth covered wiring TCCW

You also need to look outside the panel to see if that is part of a cable like AC or from know and tube. The others have correctly described the conductor material.