Blue foam board insulation on interior walls

sorry to throw this off topic but what makes the Pop Rocks Pop is carbon dioxide gas. The carbon dioxide gas forms tiny, 600-psi bubbles in the candy. Once it cools, you release the pressure and the candy shatters, but the pieces still contain the high-pressure bubbles (look at a piece with a magnifying glass to see the bubbles).
When you put the candy in your mouth, it melts (just like hard candy) and releases the bubbles with a loud POP! What you are hearing and feeling is the 600-psi carbon dioxide gas being released from each bubble.

Ok, Back on topic…

Carbonation occurs when carbon dioxide gas is added to a water-based liquid. I think that the inside of the gum is a “water-based liquid,” so I think we said the same thing in different ways.

Me too…The last time I checked.

I think the element Jay is thinking of is Potassium.

If I remember my chemistry correctly, all the elements in Column I and II of the Periodic Table have possible explosive consequences when mixed with various other substances and depending on various other factors. If magnesium (Mg) is in powder or granular form, it can create a dust explosion if it accidentally gets mixed with air. Simple swirling, pouring, etc., can cause dry Mg to become electrostatically charged, making it ripe for a real good explosion if the container ruptures and exposes the Mg to air.

Mg can spontaneously ignite on contact with air or moisture and produce irritating and toxic fumes. It can react violently with many substances, depending on certain other factors, to cause fire and explosion hazards, most notably strong oxidants, acids, or water, where mixing can form flammable hydrogen gas, a significant fire and explosion hazard (think Zeppelin).

Other of the more common, similar metals include Lithium (Li), Beryllium (Be), Calcium (Ca), Potassium (K), and Sodium (Na).

Hi. R. Ray; hope you are fine.

Do you thing that the Carbon Dioxide they add to Draft Beer to produce a head, but I can not keep ahead of them, might be the same stuff to keep your margaritas alive and waiting?

Just curious! ha. ha. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Marcel

I don’t know. Let me go have a couple of beers real quick, and then a couple of margaritas, and I’ll be right back with the answer. :smiley:

wow did this thread drift… LOL

I’ll help it some more.

Russel…:smiley: :shock:

http://therapistunlimited.com/index/Articles/Alcohol+Treatment/ :-({|=

I’ve already been there:

Take a joke!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good to hear from you…speedy recovery… …:-;; …\:D/ forward it to the jack-a** sending you the 10 or (12?) step program, emails…:smiley:

Hey, Dale.

I would have thought you, of all people, would quote the most important part of my post. Didja missit? :smiley:

Too-Funny-:smiley:

not sure if that’s it, i thought it was a compound, but no mater. Magnisium is fun stuff, when it catches on fire you CAN NOT put it out. it is it’s oun fire triangle, it generates it’s oun heat, and oxygen. and since it is the fuel too, you can’t eliminate any sides of the triangle, there for, it won’t go out until the mag. is all gone. jet rims are made of magnisium (car wheel used to be, which is we sometimes call 'em “mags”) and if a jet catches fire on the ship, and the rims flame up, guess what happens to that $3 BILLION fighter jet? Yup, we “jetison” it. or in laymans terms, throw it over the side, by by. I saw one on a training vidio that burned (underwater) for more than an hour at about 5000 degres. if you’ve ever seen an ocean boil at about 1/2 mile deep you know what i mean. THAT was awesome. just glad i wasn’t the guy responsible for the fire.:roll: :mrgreen:

Your right Magnesium is very hard to put out once it starts burning. A solid piece of magnesium is also rather hard to ignite. Much easier if its cut into small strips and you try to ignite it at one end. In powder form it very explosive.

A solid peice of potassium is covered with white oxidization. With a solid peice of potassium, all you have to do is drop it in some water and it will flare up an dance around as it recats with the water. At the end once its done it gives a little ‘pop’. I think the ‘pop’ is from the last bit of hydrogen. In school we used to though a small peice into the shower of the locker room while the showers were being used. Ya I know, but to school boys it was funny at the time.