Boffo Box Office for Connecticut Chapter's First Meeting

Originally Posted By: jferry
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A room-busting crowd of 50 turned out for Chapter President Ron Cervero’s first ever meeting in Hartford last nite. Since the weather was not fit for man or dog [me or Nick?] , the turnout was all the more impressive.

And nearly as impressive as the effort Nick and I made to get there. Our flight was delayed an hour at Denver because of weather in Philadelphia and when we finally arrived at PHL, we learned that our connecting flight had been cancelled. Sant' Anton!

Seasoned traveler that he is, Nick made alternate arrangements and we arrived in Hartford about 45 minutes after the meeting had started. Nick lit out for the meeting and I went to retrieve my baggage, which to hardly anyone's surprise, least of all Nick's, did not arrive with the flight. "Never check your luggage," Nick sagely advised.

After a brief interlude with USAir's infuriated-passenger liaison - a guy who definitely has 'job security' - I headed for the meeting. Reeking from the 2000 mile schlep, I took a quick shower - a facility for which I acquired as the youngest of 7 boys growing up in a one-bathroom row house in North Philadelphia - put on the same *$*#ing clothes [well, not the boxers!] and headed to the meeting.

When I got there, Nick was holding forth on familiar themes: 1. marketing, 2. closing the sale, 3. fee sufficiency, 4. NACHI hegemony and 5. not belonging to NACHI as an early warning sign of incipient Alzheimer's , to name only the ones I can remember now.

The crowd was attentive, enthusiastic, inquisitive and, to judge by the commentary heard and overheard, quite happy that they had braved the inclement weather - some from neighboring states - to attend.

Congratulations to Ron Cervero for a great meeting!

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Special thanks to CAHI President/NACHI member Bernie Caliendo for throwing me a few softballs to hit icon_wink.gif .

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jferry

It’s always great idea to have a few shills in the audience.

Originally Posted By: rcervero