Brian editing messages again

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Thanks Brain!

Ncik

Originally Posted By: jmyers

I owe…I owe…so off to work I go!

More on this situation later. Stay tuned!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: rray

You folks have me intrigued. I am not a member of any trade association at the time simply because of such political and personality conflicts. So I’m going to start a thread over at inspectionnews.com that includes NACHI and see what happens there.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Russel,

welcome to our “little” gathering I’m pleased to see you found your way over here. icon_lol.gif

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI Education Committee

e-mail : education@nachi.org

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Russel,

I hope you know how to repeatedly duck if you are mentioning NACHI over there. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Russell,

I haven’t responded to your post over at the inspection news yet, I am waiting to see what is said first before I jump in. There doesn’t seem to be the proliferation of “muckety mucks” and “self proclaimed experts” here, as there are on Brian’s board. I am independent as of now, but I just applied for membership here at NACHI and I will probably renew my membership at the Independent inspectors site as well.

ASHI, in my opinion, is using its membership to pass legislation across the country which relies on their standards and basically means you have to be an ASHI member. Anyone (a customer) reading the proposed bill here in Florida, would probably be mislead into thinking that if you were not a member of ASHI, then you aren’t certified. We will see about that. There are ASHI members in my area that I am sure had a hand and a foot in this bill solely for their own personal gain.

Enjoy your stay and good luck.

Joe, I see that you have been removed from the Inspection news list. Although Brian has a right to do it, I don't think it was justified.
It wasn't like you e mailed everyone and said join NACHI.

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Hi Eric,

don’t go putting ideas into his head like that, he’s bad enough already icon_lol.gif

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Eric,

I always look at the bright side. I will have more time to spend helping members like you.

I have to admit that I was not sure about you when you first started posting there, you are hard person to get a feeling for at first. It is clear by joining that you have at least decided what you do not want from an association, correct? Now it is up to us to help you with what you do want!

Gerry,

You better watch what your saying....they can read your mind! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Hi Joe,

no they can’t I’ve put an extra layer of aluminium foil in my hat just to make sure. icon_lol.gif

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

I started a thread “over there” in General Chit Chat called Acronyms-More Serious. Should get some interesting replies.

I've been cruising around this NACHI site for a couple of hours today. i find it creative and very useful in many ways.

I took the NACHI exam quite some time ago and passed it. I'm encouraged to take it again and send in my membership dues. After two hours, NACHI looks like an organization that I could get involved with.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Joe, I didn’t know you had been bad “over there.” Naughty, naughty. You know Santa Claus might not visit you in December, although you do have about 8 months to be real good.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Russel,

I was not bad I was being a good boy. I got kicked off anyway.....wahhhh. I just wanna be a good boy for christmas, I promise!

I am sincerely impressed that you would consider joining after all the crap you have been through with the other associations. Nice to hear we are good enough for you to consider your break over! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Let us know what you think we are doing right Russel, please.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Russell:

Thanks for joining NACHI. I understand you are a member of many other inspection associations. Can you tell us what you like best of the best?

Nick

Hey, Nick. Check your email. By now you’re probably tiring of me and the many emails I send your way!

I've been really impressed with what I have seen on this site. This is by far the most useful HI site that I have seen. If too many of my competition find this site, I may be out of business because they'll adopt all the good strategies that are here. I'm not gonna tell them!

In all seriousness, this is the type of site and organization that can get my politically active juices flowing again. CREIA and ASHI, and the others, were not successful in doing that. Being from Texas (what a nice dangling participle), I know a good ol' boys network when I see one, and CREIA and ASHI have two of the finest IMHO, although it's obvious that they do provide services for their members or they wouldn't exist.

Anyway, I emailed Nick with several suggestions today, a dollar donation to help build our library, and an offer to head up a San Diego NACHI Chapter.

I'm also adding a page to my web site that simply says "Realtors Who Have Used Us." This page will be "sponsored" if you will by NACHI in that NACHI will be front and center with a web site link.

I did 393 inspections my first calendar year in business and I'm shooting for 800 my second year, so I think I can be instrumental in getting the NACHI name out.

Oooooooooooooooh! I just noticed that my “Inactive non-member” (bad, bad, bad) has changed to “NACHI member” (yeah!).