Build A House (ae)(af) footing

Good idea ,but just to get it straight,the crawl is actualy open air or will the sides be enclosed.?At this point it reminds me of a deck.So is there a ledger board.Also what type of sub floor are you attaching? Gooffy questions to help me picture the thing.Like the police tape in the background which no doubt has saved countless lives.

This will be an enclosed breezeway that attaches to the garage, there are three foundation wall that we pinned to the house foundation, so this 12x12 space will have no access, I also installed to foundation vent for air flow, these can be closed off in the winter.

The sub floor is 3/4 T&G Advantech which was attached to the joists with construction adhesive and shot on with 8d ring shank nails. Once the room is finished there will be carpet with a pad over the sub floor.

The caution tape you see in the back ground is there so no one falls into the hole when we go home at night.

Sounds like it should go relativly quick.
Keep posting and let us know why you choose 8d ring shank and Advantech for the sub floor.

For some reason I do not see your last post when I log *on *but your were straight on regarding my intentions.
I am a little busy right now but that is a good thing.
Plenty time for more photos later as I have a lot already.
Lumber was delivered yesterday.My roof is going on Wednesday and got a new construction inspection lined up for the same day.

Bob, I use ring shank nails on all my floors, walls and roof, this way the sheet goods will not loosen up over the years. Hopefully if it stops raining today we may stand some walls.

I don"t know about you, but I thought galvinized deck screws and duct tape were all you needed to build everything.

we are also cotton to a little baling wire here as well as the galvanized deck screws and duct tape (silver color is the best):D… if we really want to look professional, we use a few black drywall screws for contrasting color:D…

Make sure the bailing wire is non-corrosive and step up from the galvanized and black course thread screws to the Climaseal coated World.

Marcel :slight_smile: :wink: