Builder and Plumber challenge moisture finding

Just got off phone with client.

After several calls to builder stating that his Inspector, me, was 100% sure there was moisture there, the builder agreed to come out with a moiture detector of his own. Of course it was wet and today they cut the sheetrock, found and repaired a leak in the toilet plumbing.

Apparently, they are not questioning the numerous insulation issues that were also reported, at least not now.

Chalk up another very happy customer who has already sent me referrals.

Then there was today’s inspection that was a two-fer. Found a major roof leak (one week after the last rain and a complete room without any ceiling insulation.) I love inspections like that!!!

Go get 'em Kev!

I agree a small hole with boroscope. Connect your camera snap a picture of the leak and give it to client.

I don’t drill holes. Infrared evidence confirmed by a traditional moiture meter non envasively is what I do. If the builder wants to do the boroscope that’s up to them. In this case I bet you could have put a small hole in the right spot indicated by the IR and gotten a drip - but that too is not something I will do in a visible area like this when I have overwhelming non invasive evidence.