BuildFax and NACHI link to help inspectors.

Originally Posted By: dvaudrey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

My company has used Buildfax for the last 2 weeks. Everyone has been very impressed. The realtors want to know how they can get the information, the buyers are very appreciative and interested in the history of the home they are purchasing. I’m inspecting a home in the morning that has 14 permit records spanning from 1977-2002. I’ll keep you posted on my feedback from Realtors and buyers. By the way, it takes about 30 seconds to get the information.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

David,

What are you charging your clients for this service?

Mike P.,

How's it going with the updates? Do you have a timeframe for finalizing the Massachusetts area?

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I found out the booth number… it’s booth #1918. I’ll be there from 2pm to 3pm next Friday. Please stop by. http://www.nachi.org/buildfaxnachihouston2005.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

We were just trying it out for 2 weeks just to see what kind of a response we get. We got a better response than we anticipated. We have been talking about going up in price anyway and feel that this will be great timing. We go up in prices every couple of years trying to stay ahead of the competition. For the first few months afterwards our clients like to complain. We usually tell them we did it because we feel like it. It will be nice to point out to them that we are now including the buildfax reports in our current inspection report.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Dang straight! BuildFax is the best thing NACHI has done since we opened up the online University.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

David,

It would be very much appreciated if you keep the masses updated.

This is a great feature that has opened a lot of eyes.![](upload://1LKzQNrN2KaEkWzWQ83NgrwoXYA.gif)

Thanks

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: mpelz

Guys,

We've pretty much finalized our plan to expedite the process of adding new coverage areas. I'll keep everyone up to date. Needless to say, we're just as anxious as everyone else to launch new areas.

soon soon soon,
Mike

I’ll keep you updated. I used Buildfax again today. This was the 3rd inspection I have conducted for this buyer. Each have been over $800. I gave her the buildfax report and told her that I was including this free of charge since she had given me so much business. She was thrilled with the information. She is the type who eats this kind of information up. There were 14 permits pulled on her home since 1977. I should also mention that her Realtor informed me today that he sold $34 million last year. He was very impressed as well and asked if I could look up information on his home. I told him gladly. That’s also a nice plus.

David Vaudrey

Originally Posted By: gbell

David

You are making me jealous. I can't wait until we have it here in Florida.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service