Business mentorship

I am reaching out to see if anyone in the Denver/Boulder market, or really anyone in the Front Range area, would be interested in mentoring an experienced InterNachi cert. member to start their own business. I imagine this would have to be someone retiring soon, or maybe someone in a completely different market.

I am relocating to Denver from PA after a few years of being away. I have been an InterNachi member since 2013, have assisted on over 200 inspections and have performed approx. 100 on my own. I don’t claim to be a CMI, but I do know how to do an inspection and write a report. Also, what I don’t know, I know how to get the answer to.

Of course I am willing to compensate this person, in a fair, previously agreed upon manner, from the inspections I do while being mentored.

If there is anyone that would like to discuss this opportunity, I welcome any discussion. I will provide my contact information to anyone interested.

Thanks,
David

David,

You should come to the Denver INACHI Chapter meetings. Everyone helps each other with various questions/problems. You might be able to find the mentor you want there.
The meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ Perkins Restaurant S. Colorado Blvd & I-25 at 7PM. Some members start arrive at 6 or 6:30 PM and have dinner (pay for yourself).

I won’t be at the next meeting, I will be on the beach in Costa Rica on vacation.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi David, (good name!)

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion, I will be there soon.

Also, do you have any experience or knowledge of anyone having a successful mentorship (not an apprenticeship)? Any thoughts on how a mentor should be compensated, % of revenue or a flat-fee? Duration? Did you have any mentorship, and if not, do you feel you would have more business sooner if you had? Any opinions or experience you can share would be great.

David Taylor
InterNachi CPI #13102103