Buy back + E&O w/ GL

That’s awesome!

Anyway, I’m not saying I can help members much, but I did realize that not only are many members in need of help when it comes to their business finances, but that there is a lot of bad advice out there.

For a while I was working on a network of CPAs who all agreed, in return for me providing them leads, that they would prepare our members’ business tax returns for them at a huge discount. And these weren’t just regular tax preparation services… these were all CPAs. Maybe we need to work on that again as another part of the Department.

1 Like

What about the race car for advertising InterNACHI. :racing_car:

We also did the Ultimate Inspection Vehicle which gave us way more exposure than one race. Took it to inspection shows and it was super popular. Industry vendors sponsored it. We built it ourselves in InterNACHI’s garage. Here are some PICs: NACHI.TV, MoveInCertified, Ultimate Inspection Vehicle, and CMI in Vegas, October 2007 - InterNACHI®

Here are some more PICs of it: https://www.nachi.org/exposure.htm

We did that one for many years, it quickly became a popular eNewsletter. At one time, with the help of members entering their agents’ email addresses, we were approaching 600,000 agents. It only ended a couple years ago when systems became really good at blocking it as spam. I think we only took it off our membership benefits page 2 years ago, so that program had a really long run, about 14 years. Here, I even found the old logo for it: InterNACHI's e-newsletter system promotes members (new features added!)

After the sponsored race car, then the sponsored Ultimate Inspection Vehicle, we had Paul Sr. build a chopper. Here are some PICs. InterNACHI and CMI are actually embedded into the side of the chrome: Hot PICs of the PRO-LAB/InterNACHI Orange County Chopper in Vegas.

Hodgepodge of unrelated programs you all asked about tonight. Interesting. Brings back great memories.

Oh, and then after the race car, then the Ultimate Inspection Vehicle, then Paul Sr’s. InterNACHI chopper… last year I sponsored Harley Davidson’s Toy Run for Christmas: https://thetoyrun.com/sponsors/

Actually, I paid for the entire motorcycle with my own money: $20,000. InterNACHI got a little advertising out of it. I then bought 1,000 raffle tickets which was 9 out of 10 or more sold. And guess what? I won the bike at the drawing (which I didn’t even attend). Now I don’t have a motorcycle license, so I donated it back. So I paid for the bike, then bought enough raffle tickets to win the bike, then donated the bike back. LOL. Try explaining that to the IRS auditor.

Ha yeah no doubt!

And on top of the race car, off-road vehicle, chopper, and HD motor bike, we sponsor all sorts of other things that race. Here are some shirts someone sent me…

If it has wheels on it in a race… InterNACHI is likely to sponsor it.

I tried to take the charitable deduction three times: Once for buying the motorcycle, once for buying all the raffle tickets to win the motorcycle, and once for donating the motorcycle. I thought that made sense but even my CPA wouldn’t let me do it. LOL. I think I got screwed. But it was for kids, and you know me.

I’m going to write off my grocieres to feed my “employee” aka my wife haha. Anyway I can write off anything I’m going to try.

I think you told me Texas & NJ and my buddies at ASHI were not happy about it.
Thanks for the reminders.

Thanks Nick! I understand the purpose of combining the two now and appreciate it even more.
I always wondered what happened with the "free " home inspections idea. I missed the feeds on that.
I am grateful that you make and share ideas that help us inspectors have better businesses.

1 Like

It was mainly an ASHI ahole in Texas, I can’t recall his name, but it’s on our forum if you search for it. I think he even petitioned TREC to change the definition of client to try to kill the program.

1 Like

I remember who it was now, his name is Brian Murphy. He made up all kinds of lies about me and Porch and ISN and sent them to TREC in a long letter. It freaked them out. None of it was true of course.

It was turning out to be pretty good program as InterNACHI would be the client and pay the inspectors… and so the liability for the inspector would be zero.

2 Likes

Maybe when/if ASHI dissolves you could launch this program again?